Director, Healthcare Insurance Products
Dynamics of the Role
The Director of Product Development has ownership over TransUnion’s Insurance Clearinghouse (IC) suite of products. This position is responsible for managing the product development life cycle for this product. This position is responsible for collaborating with senior management to establish business unit goals around product management. This position frequently serves as a contact for strategic business partners. Position requires significant independent effort, accomplished leadership skills, persuasive communication skills, analytical skills, ability to initiate and manage complex and abstract assignments, and foster the development of others on similar assignments.
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion Healthcare is one of the fastest growing verticals in a $1-billion global company. TransUnion Healthcare, a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion, empowers providers and payers with Intelligence in an Instant® by providing data and analytics at the point of need. In the provider market, TransUnion Healthcare offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help providers and patients find financial solutions for needed care. The implementation of these solutions is changing the way healthcare is delivered in America.
How You’ll Contribute
- Lead the Product Management function, for the healthcare insurance solutions by managing the life cycle of new and existing solutions for the Healthcare business.
- Ensure that the strategy for the insurance solutions aligns to the overall Healthcare strategy
- For new solutions, incorporate TransUnion’s data assets such as credit and demographics, to provide a comprehensive solution.
- Work collaboratively, within a matrix organization, to lead the development and market introduction of solutions and ensure the objectives of the Business Cases are achieved.
- Conduct industry and market research to understand customer requirements, regulatory landscape, competitor profiles and overall trends. Solicits input of business unit leaders, sales, internal operations, and customers to build the same. Evaluates the results of research and determines which options to explore
- Manage day-to-day activities of Product team that includes: assigning tasks, measuring performance through regular performance appraisals, and making hiring decisions
- Research and develop new products for the healthcare market, working closely with cross-functional team members (engineering, implementations, marketing, sales, and finance), upper management and external constituents. Manage the collection of business requirements and coordination with Engineering.
- Provides technical guidance and advice to Marketing, Compliance, Operations, Sales and others
- Evaluates potential business partners based on the research and reports of product development associates, and serves as a subject matter expert in the preparation of the materials
- Uses multiple communications formats for keeping project teams and the business unit up to date on development efforts. Conducts presentations on the product development process and projects
- Establishes accountabilities and goals with measures for success. Builds development plans for associates to assist in career planning. Creates an environment that foster and supports training and growth opportunities
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience in insurance products for the healthcare provider industry as well as in software product development. Typically a minimum of 7 years of overall relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business (or related field) or equivalent work experience. A graduate degree in engineering, technology or business is preferred
- 3 years experience managing a team of 3 or more people is preferred. Must be able to manage in a deadline-driven environment, working closely with multiple personalities, managing organizational use of documenting software or other technical projects
- Experience with Epic systems (Prelude or Resolute) is a plus
- Experience with Agile framework for product development
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top