Director, Data Strategy & Solutions
Director, Data Strategy & Solutions
Dynamics of the Role:
The Director Data Strategy & Solutions role will be responsible for setting and executing against a strategy that will include exploring and acquiring new types of data to add to or complement current solution sets and revenue streams. This role will work with internal and external stakeholders to create strategies that will positively differentiate TransUnion from its competitors through innovative product development focused on big data and analytics solutions using traditional and non-traditional information.
How You'll Contribute:
• As part of the Innovative Solutions Group, you will identify and capture new revenue streams by identifying and driving opportunities for alternative uses and sources of data across in the market
• Adapt and execute on a strategy for identifying alternative data sources and uses; leveraging guidance from COE (Centre of Excellence)
• Act as SME within the region on alternative data sources, uses, best practices and considerations and collaborate with an International COE.
• Find ways to enrich, improve and repurpose current data assets for innovative, revenue expanding uses
• Provide guidance on governance and data quality best practices
• Act as a thought leader internally and externally on the use of alternative data to improve business processes, expand marketing applications, reduce fraud and more accurately evaluate consumer and commercial credit risk
• Develop business cases for furnishing new data and investing in new products, services and resources.
• Initiate opportunities and steward the process from ideation through to monetization
• Anticipate client critical business issues and identify ways new data sources and uses can help TransUnion address those needs
• Work with product team to understand how current data is used and identify ways to enhance current products with new data
• Work with internal teams to understand regulatory environments to help tailor strategies and Go-To-Market plans accordingly
• Collaborate with other regions to share Intellectual Property from one market to the next
• Manage partnerships with new and existing data partners
• Negotiate contracts / agreements with 3rd parties
• Work with analytics and IT teams to test and integrate new dataWhat You'll Bring:
• Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
• 10+ years of strong, diverse experience in the data and analytics space
• Deep understanding of the product / commercial application of non-credit data
• Experience working in a matrixed environment
• Ability to lead through influence; thrives in "the matrix"
• Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically
• Experience managing relationships with peers, clients, and partners (primarily from a sales pipeline and partner management perspective)
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Proven thought leadership in the data and analytics space
• Project management experience; solid attention to detail and operational focus
• Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
• Experience with strategic planning
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Back to top