Director, Data Management
TransUnion of Canada: Director, Data Management
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
What you will do
Helping to shape and drive TransUnion of Canada's data strategy, the Director Data Management will oversee data quality, infrastructure, governance, implementation, analysis, and acquisition of alternative data. The incumbent will be a strong people leader with a passion for mentoring, coaching and developing their team members, and possess a deep understanding of database management systems, technologies and environments.
- Set standards for content quality and ensures those standards are met and monitored.
- Direct the high-level design and prioritization of data management systems, coordinate with technical architects on appropriate design, and approve technology's implementation strategies.
- Design and approve the design of both heuristic and functional content manipulation algorithms and documents the necessarily business requirements and technical specifications for those algorithms or other data handling functions used by the technology development teams.
- Negotiate with vendors and approve vendor fees. The incumbent will have had previous experience with contract negotiation.
- Coordinate and communicate with other business unit management on data needs, timing, and budgets.
- Oversees the implementation of the content and systems that manage the content necessary to meet the overall goals of the unit.
- Communicate data trends and other content related issues to senior management.
- Provide ongoing mentorship and feedback to team members.
- Forecast, develop and implement the departmental budget.
- Lead TransUnion's Data Governance program. The Director, Data Management will collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to ensure usability, integrity and security of TU's data.
- 10+ years of progressive experience within a highly technical, data-driven environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on capability with new technology tools for exploration of Big Data, Analytics, and Data Assessment/Quality. A strong understanding of SQL Server, DB2, Hadoop.
- Previous exposure to Ab Initio would be an asset.
- Experience leading highly technical teams and proven abilities to develop technical talent.
- A passion for data and a desire to innovate.
- Business acumen and strong stakeholder management skills. The incumbent will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, and have a deep understanding of key business drivers.
- Strong negotiation skills. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with contract negotiation and a track record of cost-savings.
- Previous experience leading a Data Governance program would be an asset.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top