Director, Batch Services & Customer Integration
TransUnion of Canada: Director, Batch Services & Customer Integration (Burlington, ON)
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You Will Do
Our Batch business delivers standard and custom batch jobs for a variety customers across a variety of industries. This requires a deep understanding of data, how it is managed, transformed, evaluated, and packaged to help create insight for customers.
Enabling Customers to interact with services in real time requires a technical Integration to enable system to system communication. TransUnion Canada leverages XML, JSON, and fixed format APIs to support distribution of product at scale. This requires a high degree of technical and business acumen to manage internal and external stakeholders, business and technical issues and the change management aspect that automation typically causes when automation manually processes.
The Director of Batch Services & Customer integration will be responsible for analyzing business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processing systems. Represents the business unit to define requirements and business cases for the technology developments. Coordinates with business and technology teams, ascertaining system requirements, such as program functions, output requirements, input data acquisition, and system techniques and controls.
- Directs multiple departments and guides management and/or principal/expert employees who exercise significant independence and autonomy in decision making.
- Ensure customer needs are clearly understood, develop solutions based on exiting products and solutions, and deliver those solutions to the customer in a timely manner.
- Creates operating policies and procedures that impact multiple disciplines and departments.
- Accountable for the budget, performance and results of medium to large-sized teams and/or influences functional strategy.
- Manages managers as well as experienced professionals who exercise high latitude and independence in their assignments
- Exercises full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination, and other HR related matters.
- Participates with other senior management to establish strategic goals, plans, and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or procedural matters to ensure IT operations achieve objectives.
- Contacts are typically with customers, peers, subordinate management, and senior management concerning projects, operational decisions, and/or scheduling requirements that affect the scope of their responsibility.
- Interactions require special skills including negotiating and/or influencing senior leaders internally or externally regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
What You Will Bring
- Demonstrated ability to manage, develop, and motivate other associates.
- Demonstrated organizational & project management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, define, address and solve multi-dimensional issues of ambiguous nature including those that affect operations, associates or finances.
- Financial acumen
- Strong understanding of how technology is used in system to system integrations (XML, JSON, MQ, etc)
- Change management, working with customers to deliver technical solutions
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top