Dynamics of the Role
The Director, Consulting role will join TransUnion's Innovative Solutions Group team with the key responsibility to drive customer engagement and sales enablement efforts. This high-profile position will serve as an expert for TransUnion's powerful solution: PRAMA, uncover customer problems using PRAMA, position TransUnion's capabilities to solve those problems, influence product strategy and ensure achievement of revenue targets.
The individual will leverage PRAMA for proactive customer analysis around complex market dynamics, evaluate those dynamics and their impact on customer needs, and translate that insight into actionable strategies. The individual will enable the Sales Team in presenting PRAMA as the key to drive insights across products/business units/functions. This individual would serve as a product, industry and business process expert for the sales force and for our customers.
The Team's Focus
The Innovative Solutions Group (ISG) at TransUnion is responsible for the product development, analytics and solution consulting for TransUnion's capabilities. ISG understands market and customer trends and work closely with internal stakeholders and customers to define, refine, innovate and deliver solutions that address current and evolving customer needs. The PRAMA solution consulting team operates within ISG to drive four success factors: customer engagement, sales enablement product strategy and post-sales success management.
How You'll Contribute
- Leverage PRAMA to gain insights into market trends and consumer dynamics. Communicates these insights into strategies to drive revenue.
- Serve as a subject matter expert resource for PRAMA and provide advice across the spectrum of lending/banking initiatives.
- Develop and lead efforts to educate the sales force and improve sales fluency and sophistication when discussing how PRAMA can help benchmark trends across a range of lending concepts and functions; make recommendations for appropriate business solutions.
- Understand the risk management, marketing, sales and business processes of client organizations and leverages knowledge to develop business insights that drive an increase in sales opportunities through more advanced customer conversations.
- Apply solution selling skills and industry knowledge to seek, identify, evaluate, and recommend TransUnion solutions to further penetrate customer relationships; address complex conceptual and analytical issues when consulting with customers, solution definition, product/solution positioning, product/business value, and ROI analysis.
- Represent qualified expertise and immediate credibility on customer meetings with acceptance as the subject matter expert, quotable resource and as the acknowledged product consultant.
- Be recognized by internal and external associates and business unit as the lead for subject matter expertise; act as a key source for information.
- Aggressively manage the sales pipeline by proactively engaging sales teams and customers to accelerate the sales cycle
- Help define and facilitate the path forward for customers to understand, analyze, implement and adopt PRAMA, with a goal of accelerating revenue realization
What You'll Bring
- Seasoned financial services expertise, with mastery of a wide range of lending industry practices, products and functions through the entire consumer credit life cycle.
- A graduate degree in business, finance or related field required. Requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in credit, financial services consulting or other financial services industry area, preferably in a client-oriented field. Direct experience on the client side of lending strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to lead direct or cross-functional teams to the successful execution of strategy and the delivery of complex projects. Must possess proven mentoring and coaching skills, with a philosophy that personal success is driven by the success of the team.
- Must have demonstrated experience that indicates that the individual can think "outside of the box". Innovation is a primary requirement. The individual must be collaborative, problem-solving and experienced in change management. Creativity, flexibility and initiative are also required. Must be well organized with excellent analytical skills, combined with superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Accountable for delivering results. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying due dates and requirements. Ability to interact effectively with senior management, executive management, fellow team members and outside stakeholders.
- Demonstrates thought leadership and ability to develop and continually improve the solution / product / service offering, and communicate TU's competencies to clients. Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial approach to client interactions. Requires high of energy level and ability to display creativity in positioning solutions and strategies. Must be flexible, pragmatic and driven to achieve organizational goals.
- Must have working knowledge of major software applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and some database applications. In addition, must be able to functionally use any other software applications that are unique to the business unit where this position operates. Must be able to compose and/or coordinate complex correspondence such as reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to communicate clearly when interacting with others in person or while on the telephone. Must be comfortable and accomplished at speaking in front of large and/or executive-level groups.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top