Dynamics of the Role
The Team's Focus
At TransUnion, a leader in the information services industry, we've made a habit of impacting the world around us. Our commitment to technology is second to none. And because we constantly encourage new ideas and new thinking from our employees, our continued growth is assured. Our Johannesburg office is looking for a Developer III.
How You'll Contribute:
- Understands overall departmental and business unit goals and how existing programs/products/processes are designed to support these goals.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience.
- With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install moderately complex software programs.
- Analyze moderately complex technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements.
- Develop program specifications and flowcharts, (data flows, job flows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions. Prepare on-line help, FAQs, user guides and operational instruction manuals.
- Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management.
- Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
What You'll Bring:
- You will possess a thorough understanding of the .Net Framework and related technologies using the C# and .Net framework 3.5/4.0. You will also develop Windows clients, ASP .net web pages, Silverlight applications, Mobile applications and web services using Microsoft C# and WCF. The primary database technology is Microsoft SQL server.
- You will have a Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or similar (pref BSc or B Tech). Preferred relevant technical certifications eg. MCP,MCTS. You will have at least 3 - 6 years of experience in software development, across the full application development lifecycle with strong abilities to design and develop complete systems that integrate with the TransUnion databases and services.
Who We Are
As a global leader, TransUnion offers a wide range of specialist resources, agile, innovative technologies enablers and international perspectives and experience. We work hard to create advantages for millions of people in the African market and around the world, through gathering, analysing and delivering information.
TransUnion's global headquarters are in Chicago, U.S.A. The company works with approximately 45,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, maintaining credit histories on about 500 million customers worldwide. Currently, our African footprint extends through Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
TransUnion maintains credit histories on more than 28 million customers in Africa, and more than four million credit-active businesses. With 700-plus employees through the region, we specialise in combining comprehensive data intelligence, advanced analytics and decisioning, enabling both customers and businesses to achieve their financial ambitions.
What We Offer
Credit Bureau Services
We provides solutions that help credit grantors, businesses, insurance carriers and individual consumers make informed credit-based and risk decisions.
We offer innovative risk management and marketing solutions to consumer-driven businesses namely banking, retail and telecommunications. TransUnion adds significant value throughout the consumer lifecycle from identifying potential customers, to customer management, including risk-scoring, fraud and identity, and collections.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top