Desktop Support Intern – Summer 2017
Currently seeking an IT End User Computing Intern to work on a full-time basis during summer 2016.
The Team's Focus
The End-User Computing team provides high-quality technology-based services and systems, in a cost-effective manner while supporting our business units, enabling them to attain their business goals.
Technical Infrastructure and Support handles operations and engineering for servers, storage, network, database and related applications. We design, build, implement and provide ongoing support and maintenance (including contract management).
We offer a clear career path and the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects as we move toward best-in-class technology. Recently, our group established a 24x7 Enterprise Operations Center, completed major technology migrations and launched a virtualized computing environment resulting in increased efficiencies. We are a progressive, growing organization that appreciates our associates and their contributions to making us the best at what we do.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot PC hardware and software (MAC and Windows)
- Actively seek out and participate in projects to maintain and improve the systems/network environment
- Create and maintain standard PC images for multiple workstation models
- Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets
- Troubleshoot basic TCP/IP issues
- Assist in managing and maintaining technology inventory
- Install and monitor antivirus software
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates
What You’ ll Bring:
- Manage high-pressure situations professionally, calmly and with urgency
- Ability to work independently and provide progress reports
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in the latest technology and trends
- Solid work ethic and initiative
- Versatile interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of MS applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Management and Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Business students entering junior or senior year preferred
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.
Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find new ways information can be used for good. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top