Design Strategist Director
EXPERIENCE DESIGN DIRECTOR
- Translates insights from consumer narratives (trends, storytelling), and human factors (cognitive, ergonomics, user experience, clues and sensory), and data analytics and research insights to arrive at multi-channel, customer-valued experiences that deliver on TU's brand promise of 'Information for Good'. Defines and maps out the entire customer journey(s) for each design target and the desired experiences in the interactions with the brand.
- Acts as a consumer advocate and ensures that differentiating consumer experiences are delivered and maintained. Develops a best in class consumer design experience competence, community, best practices and a knowledge-sharing culture within TU.
- Leads cross-functional teams with diverse skill sets and backgrounds and collaborates to move ideas through divergent and convergent design phases to deliver seamless consumer experience concepts across a broad range of consumer touch points, channels, processes, and service design intent to support consumer experience strategies. Develops the consumer analytics and insight competency to inform design and measure performance to drive service leadership excellence. This leader is also accountable for gaining consumer and associate input during development, understanding and assessing operational implications, and aligning and integrating consumer experiences.
- Partners with Voice of the Customer to distill root cause, ensuring the organization is addressing, and providing brand focused feedback.
- Partners with Operations to understand productivity and profitability of experiences and oversees design intent integrity from testing through commercialization. Determines key agency partners to deliver best in class frameworks, systems and platforms.
- Works closely with other members of Experience, Executive leaders and teams across TU to ensure authentically-informed experiences that drive consumer and employee engagement, brand loyalty and ultimately, consumer and customer success.
- Deploys a full range of design thinking and moves ideas through divergent and convergent design phases.
- Explores possibilities with iterative concepts and prototypes refining them until they can become concrete design outputs.
- Oversees the facilitation of incubation and consumer design pilots, creates consumer feedback loops and leads efforts around user center designs, leveraging all available resources to create the best total experiences across the ecosystem.
- Designs to what is possible (what can be done) without being limited by internal constraints.
- Creates and tests idealistic options to determine which best resonate with customers' experience needs.
- Defines business requirements to deliver the experience (Commerce, tone of voice, comms framework, information design, UX guidance for products, services, content, physical and digital spaces) and works with AMA teams toward authentic delivery of experience elements.
Collaborate and Communicate
- Challenges other leaders in the organization to consider radically different experience concepts.
- Collaborates with other members of the Experience team through exploration and testing phases and ensures that the design intent is maintained through tradeoffs.
- Builds loyalty and advocacy for the Consumer throughout TU
- Builds high performing teams by pulling together a pool of talented professionals with diverse backgrounds and skills across functions – most will not report directly to the individual – TU operates within matrix structure
- Identifies developmental needs of others on team and coaches or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Enables and promotes an inclusive and diverse team and working environment
The ideal candidate must have 15 years of experience. He/she will be a courageous leader that can start a team from scratch (with no direct reports) and have demonstrated applied design experience, including the deployment to market with successful ROI. S/he needs to be fluent in business language and at the same time knows how to design in the abstract and make the intangible real to the organization and the customers. His/her experience speaks for itself and acts as a talent magnet.
Translates insights from consumer narratives (trends, storytelling), and human factors (cognitive, ergonomics, user experience, clues and sensory), and data analytics and research insights to arrive at multi-channel, customer-valued experiences that deliver on TU's brand promise of 'Information for Good'. Defines and maps out the entire customer journey(s) for each design target and the desired experiences in the interactions with the brand.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top