The Development Tools team is responsible for implementing and maintaining systems that support the development teams with TransUnion. These systems include, but not limited to, source control management, build automation, deployment automation, testing and verification systems, library and artifact management, and other systems. TransUnion develops on a variety stacks that includes both Linux and Windows systems. While we are predominantly a Linux based shop, there is a large part of our systems that are developed on Windows.
The Development Tools team is looking for another member that can be best described as a jack of all trades. We are looking for someone that is very proficient with Linux and Windows systems. This is not a "sysadmin" role but having someone with that level knowledge is a plus. We are looking for someone that in the truest sense of the word is a "geek". They love and are passionate for technology. They should be able to learn new applications and systems with minimal and unguided effort. Being a technology specialist is not the only criteria. Being able to know how best to leverage technology (what technology to use and how to use it) is a key part of the role. While working independently is a key criteria, knowing when and how to involve others is too.
Activities include, but not limited to:
- Installing and updating installations of BitBucket(Git), Artifactory and other applications the team administers.
- Writing automation scripts for application deployments, primarily in Bash.
- Working with application teams to automate their builds and helping them to mavenize their applications and set them up in Jenkins.
- Working on impromptu projects to assist with development, monitoring and/or measuring.
- Evaluating new and replacement systems for development teams
- Providing 2nd and 3rd level support to application teams
- Working remotely and off hours when needed
- Creating ad hoc and permanent technology solutions
- Extremely proficient with Bash or other shell variants
- Proficient with development tools (Git, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, SonarQube, etc)
- Knowledgeable with database systems and SQL (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle)
- Knowledgeable with working with APIs and coding solutions to leverage them
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top