Deployment & Automation Manager
The Development Tools Support & Automation Team creates competitive advantage by developing and managing the automated processes that we use to deploy and manage on premise and cloud applications.
As our Development Tools Support & Automation Manager, you'll lead a team of talented specialists to deliver and maintain CI/CD tools across the different platforms, work with the development leadership to set the direction for the tools and automation capabilities, and deliver the automated solutions through to production across a wide range of applications and platform technologies including or move of some internally built solutions to the cloud. You'll contribute by assessing the needs of our internal customers and putting effective solutions in place, driving continuous improvement of quality and stability while reducing friction and time to implement.
Working in collaboration with teams from Operations, Engineering, Development, Support and the business, you'll establish a constant feedback loop that will ensure that we deliver value in alignment with company objectives and deliverables, and you'll foster and evangelize a DevOps culture across our IT organization and with our partners in Development and Support.
- Define and maintain the Automation/DevOps Vision and roadmap.
- Champion the automation vision throughout the company.
- Provide vision and leadership in the Automation/DevOps arena
- Own the governance framework for Automation Team processes.
- Identify, track and report on key metrics indicating Automation/DevOps effectiveness.
- Work with your internal customers and staff to identify pain points/key constraints within existing processes that can benefit from automation, and deliver solutions addressing those pain points.
- Manage the implementation of automation projects within the Agile framework used by TransUnion.
- Ensure that all solutions are adequately documented (ex: in Confluence).
- Define, implement and continuously improve user interfaces associated with automated service delivery.
- Manage technical resources that may be direct reports or matrixed project resources during the implementation of technical automation solutions.
- Manage Vendor technical efforts when external resources are engaged for automation projects.
- Ensure that all automation solutions are delivered within the framework of an appropriate governance model, and are in conformance with ITIL requirements.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and tools in the automation/DevOps space.
- Manage project charters, statements of work, project plans and budgets associated with automation projects. Develop and maintain an Automation Service Catalog.
- Develop and maintain Automation Policies and Procedures documentation.
- Regularly report status, progress, issues and risks to management, with supporting metrics where available.
- The successful candidate will be a creative, questioning, focused, critical thinker with a passion for finding better ways to do things and little concern for the status quo
- Able to communicate persuasively and professionally with technical and non-technical partners including senior and executive management.
- The candidate will drive initiatives in platform and application deployment, management and configuration auditing and any other areas where automation can yield improved service delivery.
- Partner with the infrastructure automation team on collaborative efforts to ensure best solutions across all disciplines are met.
- Will require both traditional and Agile project management disciplines
- Prior AWS Cloud migration experience in a large enterprise.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Must have strong team management skills.
- Self-motivated with strong project and people management skills.
- Good understanding ITIL practices & other standard IT practices/procedures.
- Past experiences with development tools such as GIT, ALM, Jenkins, Confluence, TFS, EME, SonarQube, etc..
- Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of the relevant technologies – AWS EC2, CICD pipeline tools, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Certification in any relevant technologies is a plus.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top