Database Security Lead Engineer
Dynamics of the Role
As a member of the Security Architecture and Engineering team, the Database Security Advisor is responsible for delivering security services across a diversity of enterprise storage technologies including SQL, DB2, Oracle and Hadoop, as well as PaaS databases such as AWS RDS/EMR/DynamoDB.
How You'll Contribute
This position acts as a technical subject matter expert, performs a variety of database-related security activities and is responsible for the ongoing operational health of IBM Guardium and other security tools. The Advisor must be flexible handling different, unfamiliar technologies, and comfortable driving process and technology change. The ideal candidate is capable of designing and operating controls that enhance security and foster compliance with policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform the activities necessary to ensure effective delivery and management of database security services and capabilities across the enterprise.
- IBM Guardium administration and implementation:
- Deploy GIM, STAP and Guardium appliances
- Build database activity monitoring policies
- Define alerts for DAM and operational monitoring events
- Load balance appliance workloads and troubleshoot performance issues
- Upgrade Guardium software versions
- Daily health checks (oversight of operational monitoring processes)
- Advise project teams, application owners, and other Information Security teams on relevant security controls
- Perform incident response for escalated security events including on-call support, issue triage and resolution
- Engage audits covering information security services and technologies including continuous monitoring activities
- Support the improvement of technologies, processes, services and controls to enhance security capabilities in the data storage domain
- Participate in projects or initiatives where a database security engineer is needed
- Participate in security architecture reviews and deviation approval processes
What You'll Bring
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years database administration or equivalent professional IT experience
- 2 years Guardium administration experience
- 2 years information security experience
- Experience administrating, implementing and supporting enterprise database security solutions
- Experience with SQL, DB2 or other relational database technology
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong working knowledge of Unix, Linux, shell scripting
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in complex environments and diverse technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Positive attitude with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Willing to be on call 24x7
- CISSP or equivalent security related industry certifications
- Experience working with Hadoop or other big data platforms is strongly desired
- Working knowledge or direct experience with PaaS database technologies
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top