Dynamics of the Role
The Database Administrator is responsible for monitoring and providing administration and maintenance for database and application systems.
How You'll Contribute:
- Daily administration of RDB of all kind of application system as well as the O/S of Unix, Linux system servers and the related servers configuration & infrastructure to the organization as well as external customers
- Installation, configuration, database sizing, design, tuning, capacity planning
- Evaluation/Deployment of new application system and DB technology
- Ensure that all database servers are backup and restore as needed
- Prepare database and application audit reports
- Daily and month end processing of database reports
- Provide technical support to application development users but not limited to member DC support, iCRS /H2H
- Responsible for report generation of application processing related to DC & ICRS application
- Linux Administration
- SQL Server Troubleshooting (Installation and clustering issues) and SQL Server Database Back Up and Restoration
- Troubleshoot and maintenance with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Database Optimization (Indexing)
- Monitoring of daily Database backup and application backup
- Backup and restore Database and application images as needed
- Assist in data center support and DR site
- After office hour standby support to all kind of ad hoc system scenarios issue
- Support ad-hoc and global initiative projects related to database management
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- University graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Preferably with 3-5 years of IT related experience
- A teamplayer, and can work with minimum supervision
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Excellent skill in system and database sizing, design, tuning, DB reorganization, capacity planning and problem analysis
- Solid independent working experience in UX/Linux server configuration
- Solid hands on experience on Windows Servers and clients.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top