Data Reporting Analyst
Dynamics of the Role:
Responsible for the acquisition of credit and client data. Works closely with clients and internal groups to support customer requests and issues through consultation, analysis, and execution.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Onboards credit and alternative data sources
- Monitors statistical data to ensure data quality
- Researches and investigates connectivity or database problems to determine cause
- Analyzes basic database problem cause and determines efficient and cost effective resolution
- Writes specifications and communicates resolution information to programming for database corrections and system enhancements
- Reviews and analyzes programming output to ensure proper resolution of problems
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage
- Performs basic analysis that follows practices and policies within their department.
- Develops solutions to routine problems of limited scope
- Close supervision involving detailed instructions and regular monitoring on work performance.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Performs basic analysis, setups, and connectivity that follow departmental policies and practices.
- Researches and investigates moderately complex database and reporting problems to determine cause in a prompt and effective manner and communicates resolution to customer, sales team, or internal teams.
- Writes specifications and communicates resolution information to programming for setups, database and reporting corrections and system enhancements.
- Reviews and analyzes programming output to ensure proper resolution of setups, problems, or requests.
- Executes solutions to problems with minimal guidance.
- Meets deadlines for tracking, auditing, analyzing any customer or management requests.
- Works effectively on multiple, repeatable customer issues, tasks, responsibilities and/or duties that are similar in nature.
What You’ll Bring:
- Fundamental knowledge of basic work routines and standards.
- Ability to apply limited knowledge to narrow boundaries.
- Strong customer service skills such as listening and the ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to meet deadlines for tracking, auditing, analyzing any customer or management requests.
- Efficiency working on multiple, repeatable customer issues, tasks, responsibilities and/or duties that are similar in nature.
- Good documentation, communication and organization skills are required.
- Ability to deal with external customers and sales personnel is a plus.
- Knowledge of TransUnion systems and products is a plus.
- The ability to set up and run computer jobs may be required including knowledge of SQL.
- 2 years of business analysis experience required.
- A 4-year college degree or comparable experience.
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.
Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find new ways information can be used for good. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top