Data Quality Specialist
TransUnion of Canada: Data Quality Specialist
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
What you will do
This role is for a technical consultant responsible for driving data quality across online, batch and big data analytics environments. You will maintain and improve data quality through trending and analysis, investigate data enrichment opportunities, and evaluate new data sources. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in SQL, big data technologies, database management, ETL tools, system administration, and business acumen.
The Data Quality Specialist will support TransUnion's data/big data environments:
- Direct/Collaborate with stakeholders on data requirements and implement approaches for identifying and addressing data related challenges and improvements
- Investigate impact of data enrichment and onboarding new data sources
- Evolve data quality monitoring and trends
- Perform Data investigations to determine root cause of data quality issues as well answer questions about data and/or data trends
- Work individually or with teams to develop utilities to prevent, identify and rectify data issues
- Propose/Create tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations
- Proactively partner with business resources to understand business needs to data and translate those needs into reports, extracts, and data analysis deliverables
- Train, coach and support users on environment, tools, data and services
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of on-going data feeds
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- Expert Proficiency with data processing and data warehouse / big data environments tools/languages, such as SQL, Abi Initio, R, SAS, Python, etc.
- Proficiency with Linux, including shell scripting and general system administration
- Ten or more years of hands-on experience analyzing data and managing analytic platforms
- Excellent data warehouse skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity working on projects based on an 'Agile' delivery model
- Aptitude for performing multiple tasks in a dynamic business environment and dealing with changing deadline requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top