Data Engineer II
We at Transunion, have built a highly functional and efficient big data platform that brings together data from disparate sources and allow us to design and run complex algorithms to provide insights into the Healthcare business operations. We are looking for talented individuals who bring the right skillset and an open mindset to the table. You will be joining a group of highly talented and motivated engineers with significant healthcare experience at large fortune 500 healthcare companies, top tier management consulting firms and healthcare startups.
This opening is a unique opportunity for you to help us design the next generation data lake to support healthcare product line operations.
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion Healthcare, one of the fastest growing verticals in a $1-billion global company.
TransUnion Healthcare, a wholly owned subsidiary of the global credit and information management company TransUnion, empowers providers and payers with Intelligence in an Instant® by providing data and analytics at the point of need. In the Healthcare market, TransUnion offers a series of data and decisioning solutions designed to help hospitals, health systems and patients find financial solutions for needed care.
How you will contribute:
- Partner with internal business, product and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues
- Build & test highly performant and scalable enterprise-grade ETL pipelines on Hadoop platform
- Participate and contribute to scrum ceremonies
What you will bring:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or a related discipline
- 6+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing data pipelines in production using technologies such as Hadoop Ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Pig etc.), Enterprise ETL tools (Ab-Initio, Informatica)
- Preferred 6+ years of database/application development in an enterprise environment
- Solid experience in writing SQL, stored procedures, query performance tuning
- Solid experience with scripting language such as Python, Shell
- Extremely comfortable working on Linux and Windows
- Solid understanding of Data Warehousing concepts and technologies
- Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing systems in general
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience in Healthcare will be big plus
What We Offer
Committed, Responsive, Open, Thoughtful, Engaged.
Our success is rooted in a few simple values: integrity, service, reliability, and performance. These values give our customers the power to achieve their goals. We think of ourselves as a start-up company with a trusted pedigree. We pride ourselves on fostering a fun, friendly work culture that allows associates at every level the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to innovative projects – and allows them a life outside the office. Our salaries, bonuses, and benefits are highly competitive – designed to attract and retain great talent. And our engaged and accessible senior staff members pride themselves on creating opportunities for associates to collaborate, grow, and advance.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top