Data Center Technician - 3rd shift
Data Center Technician - 3rd shift - Chicago, IL & Northlake, IL
"The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas - not technology"
- Mohit Kapoor, CIO
What we'll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- The opportunity and ability to attain Cisco, CNET, Commscope, and Panduit certification(s)
What you'll bring:
- Proficiency with basic operations of a PC
- Ability to work Monday - Friday from 9pm - 5am CT(may change as needed) and days/nights/weekends/holidays
- 1-5 years working autonomously in a mission-critical Data Center environment
- Ability to easily lift up to 50 lbs. throughout the day
- Ability to understand installation specifications, and rack/stack customer equipment accordingly
- Trade school/Associate's Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Previous experience working in Data Centers
- Basic knowledge of structured cabling or fiber backbone (layer I)
Impact you'll make:
- Cabling: Daily installation and oversight of all network and storage patching for new systems including maintenance of appropriate documentation for all pathways and labeling of all connections
- Installation: Daily installation of all IT servers, network hardware and related components to manufacturer specification
- Space assignment: Provision exact space assignments and maintain documentation for each IT device and all related components ensuring proper operation and appropriate expansion space.
- Power assignment: Provision exact power assignments and maintain documentation for all rack mounted and floor mounted devices maintaining appropriate power distribution and utilization.
- Cabinet Layout: Assign space, power, tile cuts and cable raceways for all new rows of server cabinets, floor mounted devices, storage frames, tape drives etc.
- Cable plant design: Work with hardware owners to understand project requirements and select, document and order appropriate solutions to meet connectivity and density needs.
- Onsite Support: Respond to incidents and work with other teams in the verification and recovery process of IT systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top