Data and Reporting Analyst
Dynamics of the Role:
TransUnion is seeking an analyst to join our Data Acquisition Services team in our Chicago, IL office. This role will support operational processes and measurements through a combination of process analysis, quantitative and qualitives measures and the creation of new metrics, reports, and dashboards to increase revenue, decrease expense and improve the overall consumer experience. This role will work closely with both the Contact Center Services Team and Data Acquisition Services Team as a go-to resource for process and metrics opportunities. In addition, this position will leverage data and collaborate across various teams to promote the use of analytics in strategic decision making.
The Team's Focus:
Data Acquisition Services is a main contributor to the revenue generation of the company through a variety of responsibilities including the acquisition of data and ongoing data quality monitoring of TransUnion's core data assets. Our group is an area with tremendous opportunities for you to put your strong analytical, logical and 'Big Data' talent to work. We prize agility, customer service, continuous improvement and inclusion.
This position is focused on providing consumer experience and data quality-related analytics and business intelligence to the TransUnion Contact Center Services Team (CCS). CCS is the consumer-facing servicing team for TransUnion and the major stakeholder for defining and maintaining TU's commitment to the consumer. TransUnion offers a broad array of products to the consumers it serves either directly or indirectly and provides critical education and capabilities that empower the consumer and equips them with accurate data that is used by financial institutions, insurers, and employers.
How You'll Contribute:
- Develop knowledge and expertise in the business and technical processes, data definitions, data rules, and data policies that create, govern, and inform the data used in consumer experience analytics and data quality monitoring
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize information from a variety of large and/or complex data sets to understand consumer behavior and business drivers.
- Develop dashboards and reports to analyze performance metrics for multiple programs within customer experience.
- Work with internal and external teams to identify areas of opportunity to grow, increase profitability, and optimize effectiveness of various programs and initiatives designed to enhance the customer journey.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to answer business questions and guide strategy for customer experience.
- Conduct secondary research, including working with industry associations, trend sources, and marketing experts.
- Champion elevated understanding of customer behavior, demographics, trends and specific areas. Assist with project estimates, business cases and budgets and develop, execute and coordinate changes to projects plans and schedules
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree, preferred fields of study include: Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Statistics or similar related fields
- 1 years of demonstrated knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to analyze large amounts of data, recognize patterns and trends and organize observations into a clear and useful format
- Mastery of basic office productivity software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with current market reporting, analytic, and data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Analytically and strategically minded. Capable of telling the big picture story and making recommendations based on trends and details found in the data.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Must be comfortable presenting ideas and information to all levels within the organization.
- Curious, with a strong desire to learn in a hands-on environment
- Works well under pressure and with deadlines
- Must be a self-starter with strong planning and organizational skills, motivated by challenges, and possess a customer-focused, results-oriented attitude
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make betterand smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions,our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities thatlead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize theirrisk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage theirpersonal information. Because when people have access to more complete andmultidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achievegreat things.
Every day TransUnionoffers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways informationcan be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better managerisk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his firstmortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we areimproving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and localeconomies around the world.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristicprotected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top