Data Analyst intern - Summer 2017
Dynamics of the role
TransUnion’s Data Strategy team takes a forward-looking view of TransUnion’s data assets. We seek new opportunities to develop a holistic view of a consumer’s risk profile. We manage the big data platform that empowers TransUnion’s global team of world-class analysts and data scientists. We seek an intern to assist with management of this data platform and data research.
How you’ll contribute:
- You will help with automating processes to load, move and manage data assets on the Big Data platform using the latest Big Data technologies including Hadoop.
- You will help with producing operational dashboards and reports to manage this critical Big Data platform
- You will update and maintain internal web pages to track and report on data assets.
- You will maintain data dictionaries and prepare documentation of data analyses performed
- You may work on analyzing and evaluating new data assets TransUnion is interested in.
What you’ll bring:
- Progress towards a degree in information systems, computer science, analytics, or business with technical coursework.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data Technologies including Apache Hadoop, Drill and Hive
- A plus if you have experience in Linux command-line tools, bash scripting and Ab Initio ETL technologies.
- Hands-on experience writing SQL queries is required. Experience or familiarity with interactive data visualization tools like Tableau is desirable.
- Strong written language skills and familiarity with technical documents such as data dictionaries and process flow diagrams. Able to write instructions and procedural documentation.
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top