Data Acquisition Specialist
Dynamics of the Role
Reporting to the Director of Data Acquisition this Data Acquisition Specialist will join a fast paced upwardly mobile team with the primary function of obtaining court records and DMV data to support our products. Following a structured approach, this specialist will be tasked with contacting targeted data custodians, forming and building positive relationship in an effort to obtain public record extracts while maintaining the core values and integrity of the organization.
How You'll Contribute
- Engage data custodians to rapidly request and obtain PR Data Sending initial requests developed by Research and approved my Manager.
- Negotiate with government officials for the creation and dissemination of public record data; inclusive of understanding data usage, terms and conditions.
- Meet with Manager and Research to fully debrief on source/state specific strategy understanding the desired thresholds for specific acquisition.
- Completely understanding laws and governance pertaining to target acquisition.
- Maintain an update proprietary software inclusive of thorough log of daily progress, date and time of last contact, all responses and communication with data source.
- Meet with Manager to report on weekly progress and review any questionable or negative responses from request.
- Track acquisition stages and progress to ensure projected deployment dates are met.
- Regularly report metrics to the manager to illustrate constant progress and activity.
- Engage in-house legal team to review and complete data contracts.
- Negotiate deals with third party software vendors.
- Work with data quality to validate acquired data meets quality expectations and requirements.
- Attend Conferences to solidify our position and foster relationships with data providers.
What You'll Bring
- Successful prior work experience.
- Prior successful sales or relationship management experience a plus.
- Ability to work as a highly collaborative team environment.
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter capable of supporting a fast-paced, growing team.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with ability to build and leverage relationships to support the team's efforts.
- Ability to anticipate needs and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Very self-motivated.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Display a propensity to negotiate.
- Ability to manage to established objectives with the flexibility and willingness to present change and new methods for success.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- BSBA degree preferred.
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top