Data Acquisition Manager
Dynamics of the Role
The Data Acquisition Consultant is responsible for playing a leadership role in TransUnion’s data acquisition function by identifying, developing, evaluating and closing data procurement and licensing transactions with 3rd party data providers. Specific tasks may include: conducting market research and analysis, developing business cases, supporting market leaders in determining data needs, liaising with Data Analysts for data evaluations and supporting Sales to develop partnership capabilities with third parties. Position requires demonstrable procurement experience and knowledge of data regulations. The Data Acquisition Consultant will possess persuasive communication and analytical skills combined with the ability to initiate and manage complex and abstract assignments.
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion Risk and Alternative Data Solutions has a large, diverse client base ranging from top financial institutions, insurance companies, government entities and industry leaders in the investigative markets.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Evaluates strategic fit of data vendors, makes recommendations to senior management on acquisition opportunities, negotiates business terms for data licenses and/or procurement opportunities and takes contracts from initial terms to the point of execution.
- Uses multiple communication formats & methods to keep management, project teams, and stakeholders informed on data acquisition efforts.
- Represents the department to internal and external stakeholders including cross-organizational teams, product management, project management, sales, vendors and customers.
- Proactively consults with business unit leaders to support the strategic direction, maintain an understanding business needs and issues, share information, and solicit feedback on development efforts.
- Provides pre & post implementation support for internal stakeholders including Development, Product, Sales & Marketing teams.
- Be a data subject matter expert and resource for stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years of recent data acquisition and/or vendor management experience and at least 10 years of experience in a business or technical role
- Very strong analytic & reasoning skills
- Deep understanding of the public records data industry
- Technical acumen with demonstrable skill to understand how data attributes relate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as work effectively in groups
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top