Data Acquisition Architect
Dynamics of the Role
The Solution Architect of Data Acquisition is a crucial role within our Enterprise Architecture organization. Our Enterprise Architecture leaders have deep solution building experience and a passion for building awesome platforms that scale to mind bending volumes.
The Team's Focus
We have a diverse global enterprise platforms and this role will guide and driver our next generation data acquisition and data on-boarding platform architecture and delivery solutions. If you like problem solving and working with peta-bytes of big data to deliver new and innovative products/features, this might be the role for you.
How You'll Contribute:
- Delivery focused architect to simplify and streamline how TU acquires and activates massive amounts of data
- Hands on leader that removes impediments and helps teams solve complex problems across the technology stack
- Work closely with Sr. leadership, Application and Product teams to communicate progress and challenges
- Strong influencer to improve on current processes and architectures
- Evaluate, drive enhancements and broader adoption to existing an battle tested data acquisitions frameworks
- Build strong partnerships with delivery teams and develop strong partnerships across the US and global organizations
- Occasional travel required to support other application teams as needed
- See their solutions all the way into production and help support and enhance those solutions based on real world learnings
- Able to develop a strong, pragmatic, & strategically aligned point of view for solutions to problems that have not been solved before at TU.
- Ability to demystify complex concepts to both junior team members and senior leaders (EVP, SVP, VP, etc…) via in person communication, white boarding, power point and email
- Confident proactive ambassador, able to educate on the "art of the possible" from a data and technology perspective
- Continues to have master level knowledge and hands on skills in many aspects of the solution or delivery channel, & demonstrated through the creation of blueprints, designs and actual code
- Knowledge base spans all aspects of data architecture, software architecture, hardware architecture, operations architecture and integrated testing
What You'll Bring:
- 10 years of ETL and Big Data experience
- Hands on experience developing and designing data intensive Ab Initio based solutions is a serious plus, but not a show stopper
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center is a plus.
- Operational experience supporting massive production data stores
- Finger on the pulse of the rapidly evolving Big Data/Hadoop/Data Management ecosystem
- Master Data Management and Data Governance experience
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation. Comfortable interacting with senior management across different teams.
- Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems.
- Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of how Ab Initio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem
- Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
- Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of advance Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.)
- CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
- Ability to engage in and recommend technical solutions for complex problems
- Strong organizational effectiveness and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence in a matrixed organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a strong technical IT environment
What We Offer:
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are:
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top