Cyber Information Security Advisor
Dynamics of the Role
The Cyber & Insider Threat Intelligence Analyst will collect, research, coordinate, and deliver intelligence gathered from various sources to increase TransUnion’s cyber and insider threat awareness and protection levels. By providing awareness, indications, and warnings, this position will protect TransUnion’s global technology infrastructure, business operations, and brand against cyber and insider threats worldwide. The candidate is intimately familiar with standard intelligence analysis practices and has experience leveraging these disciplines in the information security and insider threat/counterintelligence arenas. This is a position for a self-motivated and detailed oriented candidate.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Correlate threat data from various sources to prepare assessments and cyber and insider threat products for audiences ranging from SOC to C-suite
- Identify, prioritize, task, and track TransUnion’s cyber threat intelligence requirements
- Identify and track threats (actors, campaigns) across domains (crime, espionage, hacktivism) of potential concern to TransUnion utilizing both technical and actor information
- Analyze information and intelligence and develop recommendations, and conduct investigations pertaining to potential insider threat, cyber counterintelligence, and other investigative initiatives
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to effectively initiate, prioritize, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cyber security
- Minimum 3 years’ experience conducting counterintelligence and/or insider threat targeting/analysis
- Formal training and experience in intelligence analysis or targeting/collections management
- Experience formulating and prioritizing intelligence requirements according to an organization’s risk management framework
- Experience producing finished analytic products
- Ability to integrate outputs of technical research, e.g., network forensics and reverse engineering, into intelligence products
- Experience providing ad hoc analytic in support of incident handling and investigative activities
- Experience using commercial and free sources of cyber threat information to support intelligence analysis
- Experience with debriefing and solicitation techniques
- Experience in developing screening /interviewing/debriefing plans
- Experience with the evaluation of information requiring further investigation
- Ability to utilize tools for sifting through and visualizing large technical data sets
- Ability to craft intelligence collection requirements that can be satisfied through technical and human collection methodologies
- Strong understanding of cyber threat analysis models such as kill chain, diamond model, etc… and how they apply to both targeted and non-targeted cyber threats
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top