Dynamics of the Role
Credentialing is intended to ensure regulatory compliancewith applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards. In this role, you will verify applicants whowish to receive, resell, or license TransUnion products or services, and/orfurnish, provide, supply, or contribute data to TransUnion for Domestic andInternational business units.
Credentialing is of significant matter to the principalTransUnion business operation, keeping the business operative through newcustomer/revenue sources.
How You'll Contribute
- Performing due diligence examination and investigation
- Authenticating FCRA permissible purpose, GLBA permitted useand general business certifications
- Assessing certified intended use of services and productsrequested
- Using Third Party tools and resources to investigate
- Determining, verifying, and authenticating applicant'sfederal, state, city/municipal and other government regulatory requirements
- Assessing and determining applicant's business legitimacy
- Enforcing TransUnion policies regarding credentialing
What You'll Bring
- High school diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service
- Analytical skill: Ability to interpret and analyze different kinds of businessinformation. Ability to identify, articulate and solve complex problems basedon submitting business unit needs and local governmental regulations. Abilityto determine when to escalate issues
- Decision making skill: Ability to make independent judgment,and discretion to render membership approval/declination with little oversightby supervisor/manager
- Psychological skill: Ability to maintain focus, flexibility, and organization. Adjust tocontinual reprioritization without necessary direction/input fromsupervisor/manager. Strong attention to detail. Attentive and responsive tofast-paced turn time requirements
- Multitasking skill: Ability to perform multiple tasks and produce high quality deliverableson consistent basis
- Interpersonal and Communication skill: Strong customer service, verbal and writtencommunication skills. Professional interaction with internal business unit teammembers and/or external business officers
- Technical skill: Proficient to advanced Microsoft office skills. Ability to navigate onthe web securely
- Ability to work in a production atmosphere
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is tohelp people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higherquality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisionsand enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensionalinformation, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resourcesthey need to find ways information can be used for good. Whether it is helpingbusinesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer canqualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to makeneighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals,families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, orany other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top