Dynamics of the Role
This position is responsible for managing and enhancing compliance of legal requirements and corporate policies by all businesses in the Philippines. This position is also responsible for promoting awareness of relevant legal and compliance requirements and minimizing legal risks in business operations and new ventures in the Philippines.
How You'll Contribute
- Provide legal support to TransUnion's strategic planning in the Philippines by identifying risks and implementing appropriate mitigating measures.
- Provide legal support and advice to management and business units on all aspects of business operations in the Philippines to ensure such operations comply with local laws, regulatory provisions, and that all legal risks are minimized.
- Develops processes and procedures to assure that the development of new products or the use of new technologies by any TransUnion business unit or operational function comply with local laws, regulatory provisions.
- Develops effective liaisons with lobbyists, legislators, regulators, associations, legislative staff, and industries and customer groups.
- Act as liaison and point of communication between businesses in the Philippines, Regional Legal, and Corporate Legal.
- Enhance corporate governance in the Philippines by organizing training and raising awareness of all staff and promoting compliance culture.
- Oversee all internal and external compliance audits in the Philippines.
- Prepares & executes legal documents by analyzing, drafting, negotiating, reviewing and filing these documents. Ensure the company's obligations therein are compatible and enforceable with management's philosophy & policies.
- Participate in negotiations with third parties regarding contracts, acquisitions, proposals, new ventures and dispositions to ensure an advantageous company position in such arrangements within the confines of management's philosophy.
- Participates in litigation matters, regulatory hearings, investigations and trials by interacting with Corporate Legal and external legal counsel regarding on-going and actual and/or potential litigation.
- Manages legal and compliance departmental budget. Ensures that overall budget schedules and performance standards are realistically set and attained. Plans, directs, controls and reviews activities of internal staff and outside counsel to manage performance and maximize department output.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- LL.B.. or equivalent degree from an accredited law school required with 3 years or more legal experience including in-house counsel experience or as a practicing attorney with a top law firm advising multinational clients in the industry.
- Familiarity with credit reporting, banking, or finance industries preferred; experience in a regulated industry essential. Experience in negotiating IP and technology deals is preferred.
- Preferably with good relationship or establish networks with various government agencies
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand documents such as laws, business documents, system documents, company policies, procedures, and operational audits.
- Must be well organized with excellent analytical and negotiating skills, and superior oral and written communication skills and temperament to aggressively representing the interests of TransUnion. Ability to work within a fast-paced environment and handle a large volume of diverse legal work.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to supervise outside counsel and manage the budget set for a matter. Must be able to coach and advise legal and administrative staff working on matters under his or her supervision.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top