Consultant, Technical Ops & Support
At TransUnion, we believe in building great products using the latest modern technologies, including implementing many current open source frameworks. Do you want to work around a true big data environment? How about helping us determine how to best develop solutions with our petabytes of data? Quality Consultants are critical to our success. Each engineer can be responsible for leading one to many core applications across TransUnion S Africa with the primary responsibility to identify and build "best in class" testing approaches to ensure the quality of our applications. TransUnion S Africa is transforming itself and if you want to be a part of setting technical direction at a large data driven company then this is the place for you!
Dynamics of the Role
The Consultant QA is a dynamic performer who can work in a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the health and quality of TransUnion software applications. This role is primarily responsible for leading the quality efforts within TransUnion's Global Quality and Custom Software Development organization.
How You Will Contribute
• Works closely with team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automatability, to provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
• Contributes to impact assessments from Feature enhancements on system level interactions, and existing automated test suites
• Conducts / oversees Test Design, Test planning Test automation development, and Test execution
• Conducts Manual Testing, and uses strong Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in test approaches
• Writes automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
• Identifies opportunities for reuse so as to design and implement test automation libraries
• Provides test consultation to team members to assist them in developing robust Unit Test suites
• Is responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team
• Logs defects and make recommendations to address defects
• May conduct performance and scalability testing
• Development responsibilities include doing code review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
• Contributes to improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
What You Will Bring
• Passion to build great application products and ability to support large scale distributed systems
• Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
• 6+ years of experience in various phases of testing, designing, and developing complex enterprise applications, including automation test development
• Practical knowledge in analyzing, designing, and developing solutions to highly complex problems
•Strong knowledge of technology and product trends, especially what is happening in open source
•Solid written and verbal communication skills
•Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world. LI-KS2
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top