Consultant, Data Operations
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. When people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You'll Bring:
Success in this role requires a blend of skills in SQL, database (DB2, SQL, and Hadoop) management, ETL tools, system administration, and business acumen.
- Expert Proficiency with data processing and data warehouse / big data environments tools/languages, such as SQL, etc.
- Proficiency with Linux, including shell scripting and general system administration
- 7+ years of hands-on experience analyzing data and managing analytic platforms
- Excellent data warehouse skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for performing multiple tasks in a dynamic business environment and dealing with changing deadline requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Management or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Familiar with Abi Initio, Hive, Spark, R
- Familiar with working on projects based on an Agile delivery model
Impact You'll Make:
This role is for a technical consultant responsible for providing data service to support business and customer requirements, driving data quality across environments. You will support different inquiries from data extractions to investigations, maintain and improve data quality through trending and analysis, investigate data enrichment opportunities, and evaluate new data sources.
- Support and process data inquiries from internal and external customers, proactively partner with them to understand business needs to data and translate those needs into reports, extracts, and data analysis deliverables
- Perform data investigations to determine root cause of data and quality issues as well answer questions about data and/or data trends
- Direct/Collaborate with stakeholders on data requirements and implement approaches for identifying and addressing data related challenges and improvements
- Investigate impact of data enrichment and on boarding new data sources
- Evolve data quality monitoring and trends
- Work individually or with teams to develop utilities to prevent, identify and rectify data issues
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of on-going data feeds
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Consultant, Data Operations
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri M.Director, Sales
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top