Consultant Business Analysis
What We'll Bring:
Dynamics of the Role
This role requires that you leverage your proven expertise as a subject matter expert to grow and implement highly effective business analysis solutions. Through your expertise you will understand client's business issues and opportunities and drive revenue growth by developing and implementing, together with the client, innovative and effective solutions that secure and entrench the TransUnion brand within the client. You will bring your creative energy to a team that values innovative thinking and use your skills to drive the business forward.
What You'll Bring:
How you'll contribute:
- Apply structured methodology in the creation and enhancement of requirements (Business Specifications) from the business perspective, translated in to easily understood formats that are acted upon by the various technical teams in IT.
- Define specifications and process models for development efforts and testing.
- Using the business specifications to perform UAT testing (Together with senior Analysts) by reviewing test cases and analysing results. This applies to both new projects and existing solution updates
- Support Senior Analysts to interact with stakeholders to understand business needs, identify the best solution, and architect the processes to meet the needs.
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized new or enhanced business / functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development of project plans.
- Assist in translating requirements to the IT team, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements.
- Review test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Under high supervision, apply knowledge of business and technology to allow for the development and maintenance or enhancement of integrated solutions to resolve moderate technical and business issues to less complex development efforts.
- Act as the liaison between internal stakeholders during the phases of development efforts
- Apply uniform principles in the definition of system and functional requirements for technical projects.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Perform detailed monitoring of solutions (including data analysis and reporting) to ensure optimal performance, identify and implement improvements or recognize redundancies
- Ensure identified maintenance or bug fix requirements are accurately and timeously addressed within the change management process.
- Implementations are conducted after hours followed by live tests for which availability is required. Planned implementations are weekly, however, critical bugs or issues may be implemented on an ad-hoc basis. Strict change control procedures are to be followed.
- Collaboration to support the team by sharing tasks, ideas, and information, and by positively working towards common goals and objectives.
Impact You'll Make:
What you'll bring:
- Relevant Tertiary Informatics degree or relevant and/or Certificate/Diploma in Business Process Analysis from industry recognized training institution
- Accredited Business Analysis Certification will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 2 - 3 years' experience in Business Analyst capacity or equivalent position with an emphasis on requirements documentation, software development systems background, knowledge of software development lifecycle and development methodology.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills (English is the preferred language)
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to bridge business and technical environments and to build professional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical time sensitive objectives.
- Must satisfactorily meet all competency skills identified for this role.
TransUnion Job Title
Consultant, Business Analysis
Back to top