Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion, a leading risk information solutions company andone of the three major U.S. credit bureaus, is seeking a highly skilled Consultant for its Financial Services Analytics team.
You will apply your analytical skills to lead all aspects ofthe account lifecycle in the consumer credit domain on behalf of a diverse setof clients, ranging from marketing and propensity models for customeracquisition and retention, fraud detection solutions, credit risk models foracquisition and account management, cross-sell applications, portfolio modelsfor regulatory applications, event-based trigger solutions, and strategyanalyses of various kinds. You will alsolead development of complex analytic solutions directly with TransUnioncustomers, business partners and other departments.
The Team’s Focus
The Financial Services Analytics team is an industryrecognized, client-facing department that rewards an entrepreneurialspirit. We have deep technical expertiseand an established reputation as an analytic solutions provider in the FinancialServices industry. We have a wealth of data and industry experience within ourlarge group of highly-trained analysts, statisticians, engineers, andeconomists. We also have a moderncomputing environment based on best-in-class “big data” technologies and thefreedom to explore new data sources and statistical and machine learningmethodologies. All of these resources will enable you to help us delivernext-generation analytic solutions for our customers.
How You’ll Contribute
This position is responsible for developing credit riskmanagement and business intelligence analytic solutions through consultingengagements and research serving TransUnion’s clients. This position requiresan understanding of US consumer lending and credit risk management practices.
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for B2B customers in the US financial services segment at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, collections agencies and retail banks.
- You will lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis through the consumer lending portfolio lifecycle, leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis).
- You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, Hive, and Pig on Linux, PC, and mainframe computing platforms.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion’s analytic products and services.
- You will provide mentorship and training to junior colleagues and maintain progress on all initiatives under minimal direct supervision.
- You will foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s or PhD degreein statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering,operations research, or another highly quantitative field. A track recordof academic excellence
- At least four (4) yearsof professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services orrelated industries
- Multiple examples ofdemonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least three (3)years
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Strong analytical,critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Advanced programmingskills; mastery of a statistical language such as R or SAS; experience usingother programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Hive, Pig, Python,C/C , Java); proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Versatile interpersonaland communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiplelevels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative,fast-paced environment
- Strong projectmanagement skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
- A deep understanding ofcurrent industry challenges and trends at the level needed to proactivelyidentify customers’ analytical needs and related business opportunities
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and informationmanagement services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the globalcommunity the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to bettermanage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better managecredit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies andgive people the power to achieve their dreams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status,marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or anyother characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top