Java Developer (Burlington, ON)
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What you will do
The incumbent will deliver solutions using JEE and Java Web applications across the TransUnion enterprise. As a member of an experienced software team, the Java Developer will help drive these solutions to provide a best in industry standard for quality, innovation, and efficiency. The Application Development supports TransUnion's business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and a desire to grow.
- Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze and implement
- Participate in development and deliver code with consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications
- Manage and guide more junior resources as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional technology teams
- Ensure Transunion design patterns, frameworks, and architectural standards are implemented consistently across the organization
- Accountability for quality of code and application development
What you will bring
- Experience with modern Java frameworks, including Spring, Angular, Node, Site Mesh, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience within the Credit Reporting Services or Financial industry
- Focused work ethic, with openness and drive to explore new ideas and technologies
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Fluency in SQL and Unix-based file systems
- Good understanding of theories, methodologies and principals underlying software development.
- Excellent analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Broad and in-depth technology skills including Java, relational databases, ETL tools, Windows and Linux servers, networking
- Excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of Mercurial, Jenkins, Artifactory, Rhodecode, Sonar
- Knowledge of HP ALM and CA Agile Central
- Familiarity with Big Data Technology (Ab Initio/HADOOP) is a bonus.
- Knowledge of team migration into SCRUM (nice to have)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top