TransUnion of Canada: Compliance Officer
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What you will do
The incumbent to this senior level position will assist business units to create and implement processes and procedures to ensure TransUnion's compliance with applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations, contractual obligations as well as audit the compliance of internal and external stakeholders. He or she will project manage the implementation process on compliance related projects which may include testing to ensure solution work as intended and addresses compliance issues that affect TU's business units.
Create and/or update existing Compliance Department policies and procedures.
- Assist/consult with business units in defining, creating, documenting and implementing compliance processes and procedures in their operational areas and ensuring Consumer Protection compliance.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on legislative changes and applying them to the business as necessary.
- Perform external customer audits. Analyze customer access to ensure compliance with legal agreements and internal policies and procedures and make recommendations, including suspensions or terminations, as necessary.
- Perform internal audits against Compliance Department policies and procedures and keep management informed of deviations.
- Gather data, analyze issues and make recommendations to ensure business unit compliance with existing policies and procedures. May also recommend and monitor the implementation of solutions for compliance issues encompassing various functional areas to ensure adherence to internal policies, federal and provincial regulations and to minimize legal exposure and liability.
- Assist in the development of compliance-related training materials and deliver training to internal associates.
- To assist and participate as a stakeholder and consultant in projects/initiatives where compliance expertise is required.
- Perform risk assessments on business units to ensure compliance with TransUnion policies, contractual and legislative obligations
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- This position requires a College diploma or University degree in a business, legal studies or a related field (or equivalent combination of work and educational experience).
- CCEP (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional) certification or a commitment to successfully complete such within a year of hire is required.
- Knowledge of compliance risk, audit, information management and monitoring techniques.
- 6-8 years of professional work experience functioning in a compliance capacity. Incumbents have experience reviewing legislation, legal documents and contracts and monitoring and drafting processes or procedures.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, decision-making, and organizational skills. Incumbents should also possess above average presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and determine when to escalate issues. The incumbent must be able to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work on projects independently and within project groups.
- Pre-existing knowledge of consumer reporting, privacy statutes, risk assessment and project consultation would be an asset.
- Some travel may be required.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top