Dynamics of the Role
If you’re a person whose priorities include doing the right things the right way, maintaining a high level of integrity and serving as an example for other employees, you might be a good fit for a career in compliance. Are you looking for an opportunity where you will know that you have spent your day helping others to do the right thing? Do you want a job where you will know that your efforts help prevent harm, protecting all stakeholders, such as executives, co-workers, shareholders, customers and consumers? Do you thrive on diversity in the tasks you will do on a daily basis? Independently or with limited supervision, in this compliance analyst position, you will work closely with the business unit you will support. You will frequently interact with peers, the Law Department, Internal Audit, and business unit operations, providing compliance related consultation and oversight.
The Team’s Focus
Compliance is responsible for the creation, implementation and execution of global compliance programs and policies. We provide TransUnion with compliance direction, support, oversight and training resources, and implement risk and internal controls. Our team members maintain strong partnerships with TransUnion businesses that extend the reach and impact of the compliance program. Team members are strong problem-solvers and project managers, and we encourage development and recognition for good work.
How You’ll Contribute
- You will bring your knowledge of relevant regulations and expertise in compliance processes to assist TransUnion with its legal and business obligations. Be a business partner and a trusted advisor to assigned business units, ensuring that the compliance and ethics program activities align with business objectives and become integrated into their business activities.
- You will promote organizational integrity through the operation of effective compliance programs for the business unit, such that assessing the effectiveness of the current combination of controls, metrics, and assurance activities designed to ensure compliance, and identify any gaps.
- Because of your experience in a compliance role and business operations, you will demonstrate knowledge of the business unit’s function, processes and compliance requirements. You will have a wide degree of latitude in decision making and defining appropriate solutions, by attending and supporting local management meetings from the compliance and ethics perspective.
What You’ll Bring
- You have a bachelor’s degree in risk management, finance, economics, business management, statistics, computer-science, pre-law or other related field. (An equivalent combination of education and prior work experience may be substituted at the discretion of management.) Incumbents are preferred to have relevant knowledge of regulatory or procedural compliance issues and the ability to apply them within an operations environment. This enables to provide the right advice and guidance for the business to implement regulatory initiatives, policies and procedures.
- You have at least three years’ experience in compliance or other risk management discipline, such as audit, examination, fraud examination, quality control, quality assurance, credit risk, information security, data analysis, risk analysis, etc., preferably in the area of data management and privacy, background or employment screening, risk and fraud screening, collections, insurance or financial services.
- You should be detail-oriented and have the ability to review and analyze information and processes in short order.
- You will be charged with making sure that the company adheres to relevant laws, rules, policies and processes. To that end, you must be well versed in consumer rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and related rules, policies, processes, problems and resources.
- You must also be able to decipher information and be able to determine whether the business unit and company are in compliance.
- Your character and your social skills will be major parts of getting and succeeding in this compliance position. Integrity and good reputation are paramount.
- You are analytical and detail-oriented, with project management skills.
- You enjoy a team-based culture that values strong communication and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, curiosity, and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You have strong logical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- You possess excellent PC skills.
- You maintain a focused, flexible, organized and proactive manner
- You have the willingness to seek certification as a qualified compliance professional (e.g. Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP), via the Compliance Certification Board (CCB) and Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE)) or other relevant certification.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top