Cloud Computing Architect
Utilize DevOps concepts and experience to architect, develop, automate and operate Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service cloud deployments. Interface with application developers and architects, infrastructure engineers and architects and operations staff to develop iteratively better cloud deployments to solve real business problems. Partner with others to architect and move appropriate workloads to Software as a Service cloud environments where appropriate.
How You'll Contribute:
- Architect highly available and scalable systems on cloud platforms (primarily AWS but experience with Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure a plus)
- Develop automation and processes to quickly and rapidly deploy, manage, configure and scale cloud based systems and stacks
- Develop methodologies and systems to automate and support application deployments
- Partner with corporate systems to develop a deep understanding of TransUnion's corporate processes and work with them to Architect the next generation of solutions with emphasis on SaaS platforms for non-differentiated workloads
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM field
- An ability to use a wide variety of Open Source and cloud tools
- Experience with external cloud platforms; Amazon Web Services required, familiarity with others a plus
- Proficiency with developing software using API calls; software development of APIs a plus
- A working knowledge of IT infrastructure (server, network, storage, load balancing, clustering)
- Background that includes solution architecture
- Experience with Python and bash scripting
- Experience developing automated deployment scripts and tools for system provisioning and configuration
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes
- A working knowledge of configuration management tools; Puppet preferred
- Experience with building large scale application deployments, standard three tier web applications, Big Data and Analytics workloads
- Development in a hybrid cloud environment is a plus
- Ability to work in a quickly changing landscape that is cloud computing
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top