Business Development- Identity Solutions
Dynamics of the Role
The Sr. Business Development Representative will support TransUnion's efforts to deliver on the Fraud and Identity Solutions revenue targets and business development objectives of the sub vertical's three-year strategic plan and annual operating plan. The representative will serve as an expert on the application and implementation of TransUnion's IDVision solutions and will engage with customers, partners and internal resources as necessary to meet the annual business goals and strategic objectives. The consultant director will also work with the sales organization and other business groups, including Marketing, Product Development, Analytics, International and others, as a fraud subject matter expert and champion, and conduct periodic training, updates and knowledge sharing activities.
The Team's Focus
The Innovative Solutions Group (ISG) at TransUnion is responsible for the product development, analytics and solution consulting for TransUnion's fraud and identity tools among other solutions. TransUnion recently launched IDVision, one of the most comprehensive suites of fraud tools on the market. Primary focus will be on delivering this suite of products to market. We understand market and customer trends and work closely with internal stakeholders and our customers define, refine, innovate and deliver solutions that address current and evolving customer needs.
How You'll Contribute
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our IDVision suite of fraud products
- Understand and define how these solutions play a key role in addressing the critical business issues clients' face
- Aggressively manage the Fraud & Identity sales pipeline by proactively engaging sales teams and customers to accelerate the sales cycle
- Be responsible for achieving annual revenue targets for Fraud and Identity Solutions
- Partner with the internal TransUnion sales teams from a pre-sales through post-sales capacity in positioning these solutions for TU clients
- Assist in leading client discussions around the value delivered by Fraud and Identity solutions
- Help define and facilitate the path forward for clients to understand, analyze, implement and adopt these solutions, with a goal of accelerating revenue realization
- Improve the understanding of Fraud and Identity solutions by TU sales team members in order to improve early-stage client discussions and opportunity identification
- Gather and share insights gained from client and sales interactions on unmet client needs, as potential input for high-potential product development/expansion opportunities leveraging Fraud and Identity assets
What You'll Bring
- An understanding of and passion for Fraud and Identity solutions
- Willingness and ability to undertake self-directed, independent work in pursuit of team goals
- Success in working with cross-functional teams to sell and deliver customer solutions
- An understanding of the "business question"- the ability to help develop a customer position, identify needs and how those needs relate to TransUnion's capabilities
- Experience preparing and delivering sales presentations and leading/facilitating client interactions
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Proven track record in business development, sales or consulting
- Demonstrated communication skills and success in positioning complex integrated solutions to clients
- Proven ability to grow revenue and market share by using a strategic, disciplined, and focused approach
- Knowledge of sales planning and marketing concepts
- Experience with sales management tools, such as salesforce.com
- Experience with and understanding of RFI and RFP proposal preparation processes
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top