Business Development Executive- Digital Marketing
Dynamics of the Role
The Senior Business Development Executive (Director, Business Development), Digital Media Solutions will fill a key role on the fast growing TransUnion Digital Team (a start up with the full backing of TransUnion). In this role you will be focused on selling addressable media solutions to advertisers in the Financial Services, Insurance and/or Diversified Market verticals. Specifically, you will collaborate with the TransUnion Financial Services, Insurance and/or Diversified Market (Telco, Retail, etc.) vertical teams to penetrate accounts and convert clients to run programs across our proprietary addressable media network. You will be responsible for identifying, vetting, positioning, contracting, closing and renewing opportunities on a managed service basis (i.e. selling on an I/O basis).
The successful candidate will have several years of experience selling digital media and marketing services to Financial Services, Insurance, telco, and travel companies. High value, complex enterprise sales experience, preferably in a matrix selling environment critical to your success. Relevant digital media sales experience with such companies as AOL, CBS Interactive, Conversant, Experian Digital, Yahoo!, Acxiom, Facebook, Google, NBC Interactive, or MSN preferred. You should have a good working understanding of demand side platforms (DSP) such as MediaMath, DataXu, TURN, RocketFuel, and DoubleClick having sold against or for programmatic media options, as well as the data management platforms (DMP), Onbaording and data services providers such as Oracle (BlueKai), Neustar, Krux, Datalogix, LiveRamp, Acxiom and others . You will have deep knowledge of audience targeting needs specific to advertisers in the aforementioned verticals (i.e. Financial Services, Insurance, Telco, and Travel verticals), as well as a working knowledge of their value propositions surrounding customer acquisition, retention and expansion.
You will also have a general understanding of the regulatory requirements for using credit data in Financial Services, Insurance and Telco marketing and will know both the risks and the opportunities for clients in leveraging it.
In this position, you will work with the operations, data and program management teams to execute successful addressable media programs. As part of a small team, you will take an active role in the set up and performance of client programs and subsequent renewal discussions. You should be passionate about driving business results through strategic planning, new business development, and ongoing management of customer relationships.
The Team's Focus
The TransUnion Digital Team operates at the intersection of programmatic media, big data and value, making addressable, personalized media a reality for clients in the Financial Services, Insurance and Telco verticals. We have built a powerful addressable media network leveraging our proprietary data, on-boarding and programmatic media platform to optimize for clients direct-response objectives. As a start up in a large company we have the best of both worlds – the ability to innovate and create with the full backing and resources of a large company.
How You'll Contribute:
- Collaborate with the Financial Services, Insurance and/or Diversified Market vertical teams to identify targets and position our solutions
- Leverage prior contacts in the Financial Services, Insurance or Telco clients to help facilitate speed-to close
- Build a pipeline of new opportunities, convert and grow market penetration
- Develop program objectives and value propositions for pilot programs designed to meet and exceed customer objectives and evolve into long term partnerships
- Participate in the management of programs by actively engaging with the program management team
- Coordinate cross-functional resources as needed to execute programs
- Contract with clients and ensure sales are booked and recognized to hit monthly targets
- Develop repeat clients and grow share of marketing spend YOY
- Work with product management to refine our offering and improve our value proposition
- Act as a thought leader with clients in running successful addressable media campaigns
What You'll Bring:
- College degree in marketing, business, or related field from a top tier school a must, MBA preferred
- Understanding of credit data for pre-screen programs and knowledge of FCRA is preferred
- 10 years selling digital media (display, email, search, mobile) and/or marketing services
- 3 years of experience in selling to Financial Services, Insurance and Telco verticals
- Proven ability to identify, manage and convert large, complicated, multi-million dollar
- Ability to effectively manage time to drive immediate revenue opportunities while building long-term value
- Patience and maturity to take advantage of the resources of a global information leader, as well as the passion and drive of an early stage startup
- Demonstrable experience in achieving market leader status or "pole position" in an account
- Top sales producer with consistent track record of meeting and exceeding revenue targets is a must
- Strong ability to develop senior level relationships with key players within our Sales organization and with our customers
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills, and effective presentation skills
- Experience in complex contract / legal negotiations
- A really cool attitude with the ability to work and play hard, and a need to win
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- Willingness to travel
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top