The Team's Focus
You want to talk about big data? At TransUnion, we have data on virtually every active credit consumer in the United States. Yes, almost every single one (and data on millions of consumers in 30 other countries).
But, 'having data' means nothing without curious analytical minds to unlock the meaning within it. Our analytics team is home to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we will not only understand your stats jokes, but appreciate them. We come to work every day to quantitatively explain how things happen and why. Why? Because the work that we do allows people to have access to credit, enables new generations to pursue an education, and builds economies from the ground up. TransUnion is a place where it's cool to be smart. Have we piqued your interest? Well, read on…
Dynamics of the Role
As a Consultant on our team, you will join a world class group of statisticians, data scientists, mathematicians, and modelers on a mission to extract insights from information and put them to good use. You will have an opportunity to be a part of a variety of analytical projects in a non-siloed environment and be recognized for the work you deliver. TransUnion offers a culture of lifelong learning and as a Consultant here, your growth potential is limitless.
How You'll Contribute:
- Participate in Data Performance impact testing, data quality investigations, credit database impact analysis, production support, and other data quality initiatives
- Implements necessary validation process on projects – develops scope, objective, and procedures – analyze results, actively recommends and implements process improvements for support projects.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for and improving data quality
- Collaborates with various business units
- Handles moderate to more advanced analysis of business issues influencing department outcomes
- Serves as a subject matter expert on the team and act as a mentor to more junior team members;
- Conducts various customer-facing meetings with both internal and external clients
- Conducts training for peers with minimal supervision
- Provide insight on various data quality metrics and trends
- Participate in weekly Data Governance meetings as a data steward
What You'll Bring:
- Requires college degree and 5 years of related work experience in the credit reporting industry
- Knowledgeable in Business Analytics, Mathematics or Statistics with applied experience in a business setting and various years of professional work experience
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to break down complex problems into critical parts, identify the key causes and effectively prioritize and execute way forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience in communicating highly technical approaches and ideas to business and technical audiences
- Demonstrate success and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
- Ability to translate sql statements to existing business rules
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to developing ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life. We do this by helping organizations to optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top