Business Analyst - Diversified Markets
DIVERSIFIED MARKETS, BUSINESS ANALYST
Dynamics of the Role:
The Diversified Markets Business Analyst will assist in identifying, evaluating, developing, and executing new go-to-market strategies, including but not limited to new products and services, for TransUnion's Diversified Markets Business Unit. Diversified Markets is a dynamic and diverse organization that comprises TU's business in the following 5 high-growth, emerging market segments for the company: Technology/Retail/E-Commerce, Communications, Hospitality/Transportation/Gaming, Services, and Data/Information Providers.
You will be part of a team focused on key interactions with leading customers, early-stage startups, and business partners in the design and delivery of market-driven solutions. You will perform qualitative and quantitative analysis using internal and external sources to solve important business needs and problems, from the highly strategic to the operational. You will coordinate small-to-medium sized projects, ensuring that initiatives are completed in a timely manner and that customer and stakeholder expectations are met. You will manage multiple projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand overall priorities, and set expectations through clear and frequent communication (both verbal and written).
The Team's Focus:
Beyond the traditional business of furnishing credit reports for consumer lending, TransUnion provides its customers with data and solutions to better manage customer relationships. We have a large, diverse client base ranging from national and international retail, communications, and technology & data/information companies to cutting edge start-ups in both mature and emerging markets. We offer a broad array of products customized to each aspect of our clients' business: credit risk management, digital marketing, fraud and ID management, and collections and recovery. We pride ourselves on our ability to bring innovative ideas and solutions to market, leveraging our extensive experience in data and analytics.
How You Will Contribute:
- You will mine internal data for key customer trends and business opportunities
- You will develop forecasting models (under different assumptions and scenarios) to support growth initiatives
- You will translate qualitative information (through surveys and one-on-one interviews) into fact-based results, leading to actionable recommendations
- You will conduct general market research activities by collecting and analyzing data to better describe our organization, the industries we serve, as well as our customers and business partners
- You will build a solid understanding of the internal and external data sources available to fuel research projects and support/ refute key hypotheses
- Under the guidance of more senior team members, you will define and create meaningful business cases to support new products and other growth initiatives based on a fact-based, analytically-driven approach
- Through your research, you will understand our business capabilities and requirements, the market's demands, and any gaps that exist
- You will maintain awareness of current industries trends through industry publications, company press releases, and various forms of primary research
- You will understand key communication objectives (internal and external) and an effective path to meeting them
- With management's supervision, you will create client- and executive-ready materials (e.g., agendas, memos, discussion guides, marketing collateral, and PowerPoint presentations)
- You will help create complete discussion documents with clearly articulated messages and storylines supported by market research and data analysis
- You will perform project management and coordination tasks, assigning and coordinating project activities for cross-functional teams, developing project plans and status reports and serving as the communications point for the project
- You will drive and perform day-to-day operations of assigned projects to ensure that policies and procedures are followed; goals, scope and objectives are met; and services and projects are accomplished efficiently and effectively
- You will prepare for and facilitate meetings and presentations, managing the pace and topics covered and summarizing and documenting meeting results. You will also provide next steps on outstanding issues and assigned tasks resulting from the meeting or presentation
- You will build trust with business partners (internal and external), customers, key decision makers, and project sponsors by meeting individual commitments and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You will utilize the relationships you build with product and industry experts as well as members of Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, IT and other functions to gather insights and develop actionable go-to-market plans
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in business, finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering, or one of the hard sciences
- Candidates with a Master's degree in one of the above-mentioned disciplines will be given additional consideration
- 2-5 year's professional experience in an analytical/ quantitative position depending on educational background
- Candidates with prior management consulting experience will be given additional consideration
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- High level of competency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and high degree of comfort managing multiple assignments and priorities simultaneously
- Proven track record for completing assignments on time
- Desire to produce high quality work
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Entrepreneurial "can do" attitude
What We Offer:
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are:
A global leader in information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investments worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey, and you can be a part of it.
TransUnion Diversified Markets associates are located at our beautiful Boca Raton, FL facility and enjoy excellent compensation and benefits, including an excellent medical plan and work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top