Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to join their team in Denver Colorado working for the rental screening solutions (TURSS) organization. We are seeking a business savvy, detail oriented individual who can successfully engage with business stakeholders to deliver IT screening solution projects on time and on budget that are well aligned with the customer’s requirements. You will play a critical role in ensuring that TransUnion achieves ambitious business goals with a quality outcome to stay ahead of the competition. Your success in this position will depend on your outstanding communication skills as well as your ability to work in an environment characterized by rapid change, the need for cross department collaboration, and with evolving goals in an Agile oriented environment.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Assist the project stakeholders to produce a project definition/project initiation document clearly defining scope and project objectives
- Work with the Product Owner to translate the high-level vision into requirements with vigilant consideration towards the business needs to support the SCRUM teams to establish epic level sizing and execute story mapping activities
- Work closely with the Technical Architect to obtain the necessary technical details and to help identify and document gaps, overlaps and conflicting information, assumptions, dependencies, and risks in scope and requirements
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Technical Architect to draft and update functional specification documentation including use cases, process and data workflows, and implementation guides
- Facilitate cross-department communication by acting as the communication conduit between the product team, stakeholders and the SCRUM teams
- Proactively build effective relationships with the business team and stakeholders to develop a joint vision for each upcoming project
- Assist the SCRUM Master/Project Manager by managing business expectations through careful and proactive communications regarding requirements and changes
- Analyze internal business practices and research solutions for process improvements
- Assist the business team by preparing and executing product demos to potential customers and new team members
- Lead story mapping sessions and facilitate team grooming sessions with Product Owner and the SCRUM teams
- Participate in SCRUM Standup meetings to address requirement discrepancy issues impacting story completion and identify potential blocking issues related to dependent teams
- Coordinate and prepare Sprint Demo presentation with Product Owner and the SCRUM teams
- Coordinate with Product Owner to communicate committed and completed stories to project stakeholders
What You’ll Bring:
- 4 years of applicable business experience in IT industry Bachelor’s
- 4 years as a key project resource
- 2 years interacting with and/or managing external customer projects and relationships
- 2 years independently gathering and documenting project requirements
- 2 years of experience in an Agile environment
- Strong listening skills, ability to assess and understand customers’ needs and the ability to communicate and interact with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with associates at all levels within the organization
- Proven ability to identify technology problems and effective solutions
- Proven experience ensuring compliance to business requirements
- Demonstrates flexibility in dealing with change and adversity
- Ability to prioritize workloads, time manage workday effectively, multi-task, work on a team, use analytical skills and work with a variety of personalities
- Proficient PC skills including MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint as well as planning and tracking tool(s) such as Microsoft TFS and Project
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top