Dynamics of the Role
At TransUnion, a leader in the information services industry, we've made a habit of impacting the world around us. Our commitment to technology is second to none. In our environment we constantly encourage new ideas and new thinking from our employees, and thus our continued growth is assured.
The Team's Focus
Our Business Analysts operate in a shared services environment where they support and service the various lines of business across the organization. The team is involved in conducting complex business process analysis and needs assessments in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Our team of dedicated Business Analysts works hard at understanding our business needs, and also by capturing, analysing and documenting the business requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties.
How You'll Contribute:
• Partner with the Business and Customers and be considered the Subject Matter Expert on the subject. Actively participate and interact to understand business needs, identify the best solution.
• Prepare and participate in the development of business cases and proposals, including identification of alternatives and cost/benefit analysis.
• Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies.
• Facilitate Business Requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, developing high-level and detailed business requirements as needed to support enhancements to business processes, systems and/or applications. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Recognize the business's needs and the implications of change. May formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
• Develop Functional Specifications for system enhancements that meet the business requirements.
• Consult and work closely with technical team members to ensure all requirements have been accurately addressed as well as supports the technical group during the design and development activities
• Coordinate updates to supporting documentation (such as training, processing procedures) as part of the Systems Development Lifecycle
• Participate in the development of test plans, testing of changes and reviewing the results.
• Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
• Performa Data Analysis from different sources
• Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology. Analyze methodologies for process improvements, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
What You'll Bring:
• Business Analysis qualification and/or B.Com degree with at least 4 years Business Analysis experience.
• Data Analysis is an advantage but not a requirement.
• An in depth knowledge of Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SQL.
• Analytical skills and the ability to identify problems, gaps and contradictions.
• Customer centric attitude
• Demonstrated expertise with business systems, broad-based knowledge of business.
• The ability to research, analyse, make business decisions, and defend recommendations at the highest management levels.
Who We Are
As a global leader, TransUnion offers a wide range of specialist resources, agile, innovative technologies enablers and international perspectives and experience. We work hard to create advantages for millions of people in the African market and around the world, through gathering, analysing and delivering information.
TransUnion's global headquarters are in Chicago, U.S.A. The company works with approximately 45,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, maintaining credit histories on about 500 million customers worldwide. Currently, our African footprint extends through Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
TransUnion maintains credit histories on more than 28 million customers in Africa, and more than four million credit-active businesses. With 700-plus employees through the region, we specialise in combining comprehensive data intelligence, advanced analytics and decisioning, enabling both customers and businesses to achieve their financial ambitions.
What We Offer
Credit Bureau Services
We provides solutions that help credit grantors, businesses, insurance carriers and individual consumers make informed credit-based and risk decisions.
We offer innovative risk management and marketing solutions to consumer-driven businesses namely banking, retail and telecommunications. TransUnion adds significant value throughout the consumer lifecycle from identifying potential customers, to customer management, including risk-scoring, fraud and identity, and collections.
The extensive resources of both TransUnion and Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) combine to offer information and insight on businesses locally and internationally. We offer a wide range of commercial credit risk solutions, including sales and marketing, and risk and supplier management.
We provide services to the short-term, life and health care markets. Collaborative data pooling and analysis makes it possible for the short-term insurance industry to achieve a single, integrated view of policy and claims history, which is complimented with vehicle data from Auto Information Solutions.
We are able to benefit all industry participants across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition to renewal, in managing claims and investigations whilst enabling clients to grow their market share and manage their risk exposure.
For consumers, TransUnion provides the tools, resources, education and products to help actively manage their credit health and achieve their financial goals.
Visit www.mytransunion.co.za or contact us via our Call Centre on 0861 482 482 for more information.
Analytic and Decision Services
TransUnion's products and solutions built by dedicated teams of analytic, statistic and business process experts represent international best practice standards, and are designed to improve performance and minimise risk. We offer generic solutions informed by continuous market analysis, as well as customised
solutions built to meet specific business needs. Delivery mechanisms include a highly flexible decisioning interface, as well as mobile channel solutions.
Through full integration with our Credit Bureau, we have unrivalled visibility of multiple data sets of relevant and current information on consumers, businesses and assets. This allows us to offer you market-leading products and solutions that empower you to make objective, informed decisions across every stage of your customers' credit cycle.
Auto Information Solutions
TransUnion Auto Information Solutions has set the standard in vehicle risk intelligence for the automotive industry in South Africa for over 50 years. We offer a suite of vehicle data solutions and mobile delivery channels across the entire value chain, which benefits the automotive, banking and insurance industries as well as the motoring public.
At TransUnion, we believe we all have rights and responsibilities. We value integrity, honesty, transparency and trust. We strive to deliver for our customers by making their goals our goals. We value innovation, and in offering tomorrow's solutions today. We respect our people as essential to success, and we celebrate the value of diversity. We believe in accountability, open and honest communication, and providing each and every one of us with the tools to innovate and inspire the people we work with.
We offer competitive benefits with a flexible contribution range to your provident fund, Discovery medical aid partnership, further education assistance and sponsorship for employee development and growth within TransUnion. We also offer flexible working hour options, encourage work-life balance, and encourage camaraderie through our monthly social hours. We offer a challenging and performance driven environment where you will have the opportunity to make your role your own.
Back to top