Billing Team Lead - Global Shared Services
Dynamics of the Role
The Shared Services Team Lead is accountable for managing the associates and day-to-day operations of the Shared Services department. The Team Lead is also responsible for user applications, metrics and controls necessary for timely, accurate, efficient processing and reporting of the function. Also accountable for assisting in identifying, developing, implementing and supporting continual process improvements within Shared Services. This position is guided by Generally Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Sarbanes Oxley requirements, departmental deadlines, and immediate supervisor. Leverages knowledge of accounting processes and procedures to train other associates as needed.
The Team's Focus
Corporate Shared Services provides global business services to TransUnion in the areas of payroll, finance, accounting, and real estate. Operating as a business within a business, the CSS team manages a network of internal and external service providers—with a focus on process improvement, efficiency, automation and customer service. CSS has played and continues to play a significant role in TransUnion's drive for operational excellence. Team members learn about diverse areas of the business and have the opportunity to develop new areas for expansion of the department's breadth and reach.
How You'll Contribute
- Manage day-to-day operations of a Shared Services team by monitoring and developing the daily workload to ensure all items are worked and resolved in an accurate, timely fashion with continual attention to department productivity.
- Responsible for back up of Shared Services team tasks as needed.
- Ensure standard policy and procedures are followed for collections functions.
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of weekly/monthly productivity measures.
- Maintain detailed workflow documentation of the standard Shared Services procedures.
- Team with others in the various Shared Services finance groups to ensure open communication and information sharing, coordination on problem and/or issue resolution, and sharing of best practices.
- Continually assess team processes.
- Assist in identify, developing, implementing and supporting process improvements to within the Shared Services team.
- Assist on TransUnion IT projects, including but not limited to report development or system functionality change.Assist with internal and external audits for Shared Services. Maintain and update the Operational Policies and SOX documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required or the equivalent in school and work experience which demonstrates a conceptual understanding of accounting principles and the ability to apply them to the duties described above.
- 3 years of experience in leading and managing an accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and customer service or collections department.
- Effective leadership, delegation and prioritization skills, with ability to manage others.
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of collections, credit, accounting and financial principles.
- Possess solid collections, account analysis, and negotiation skills.
- Strong process capabilities; ability to apply innovative approaches. Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge of general PC skills and associated software, especially Excel, used within the area.
- PeopleSoft and SalesForce experience is a plus.
- Must have good organizational, oral and written communication skills and be detailed-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top