Back End Developer - Software Engineer (LaunchKey) iovation
Back end developer - Software Engineer (LaunchKey) - iovation
"We are a very client-centric organization. The client comes first in everything we do. That's why we hire smart, talented people with a passion for developing the best tools to stop fraudsters, while saving our clients time and money." - Greg Pierson, Sr. VP iovation
What we'll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- An opportunity to contribute to a cutting-edge multi-factor authentication platform that provides easy to use security for consumers and customers alike.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our team to hone current skills and build new capabilities.
- A collaborative environment that values the pursuit of excellence, acting with integrity, being innovative, active participation, building partnerships and taking pride in the work being done.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrated experience with building web applications and APIs with a Python web framework
- Demonstrated experience writing REST and JSON based services
- Experience with Version Control Systems including Git
- Ability to work effectively within own department team and cross-departmentally
- Willingness to try new things, accept and give constructive criticism, admit mistakes and learn from them
- Writing Unit and Functional Tests
- Attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Links to GitHub projects including any Open Source contributions
- A background in Security engineering or a desire to learn
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field or relevant experience
- Turning requirements into design, into living features
- Troubleshooting and resolving production issues
- Messaging-based architectures
- Experience with Large scale, high volume, highly available applications
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with Object Mocking
- Selenium integration testing
- Demonstrated experience with NoSQL databases, primarily Cassandra
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience in remote debugging
- Proven experience with code reviews
- Concurrent programming experience
Tools we use:
- Python, Git, Behave
- Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Rabbitmq,
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Sensu, Collectd, Graphite, JMX
- JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
Impact you'll make:
- Develop highly-available, horizontally scalable, RESTful services with Python to enhance our authentication system
- Collaborate with team members to develop a general understanding of our application landscape and dive deep where needed
- Interface with members of an agile development team in understanding requirements and expectations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top