Dynamics of the Role
The Office of General Counsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatory guidance, negotiating key sales and vendor agreements, and guiding corporate governance. Active participation in the management of the business helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
The Team's Focus
The Office of General Counsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatory guidance, managing litigation and acquisitions, guiding corporate governance and negotiating key agreements. Active participation in the management of the business helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
How You'll Contribute
- Provide legal assistance and guidance regarding all aspects of ongoing legal and business matters for assigned company divisions, particularly in:
- Product Development
- Contracting and Negotiating
- Legal and Business Advisement
- Maintain primary responsibility for reviewing, negotiating and drafting complex corporate contracts and related documents in support of assigned company divisions.
- Provide advice to stakeholders, including the General Counsel, regarding changes in the law, including the FCRA, or other legal issues that may involve the company's short or long-term strategic operations.
- Keep abreast of current legislative and regulatory developments, particularly with such developments that may have an impact upon company and industry operations.
- Provide support to team initiatives.
- Provide formal and informal training for internal clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- 5 – 10 years' experience, preferably in a financial or regulatory environment, reading, interpreting, understanding and advising business partners on complex documents, including laws, contracts, business documents, company policies and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas of law are recommended: FCRA, GLBA, DPPA, intellectual property, technology, privacy, credit reporting law
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making). Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills. Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to manage and turn-around a significant and diverse work flow in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment with minimal direct supervision, yet exhibit sound judgment in seeking guidance and direction from senior attorneys and escalating issues.
- The ability to build and foster relationships with peers, sales staff and management on all levels of the organization through excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make betterand smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions,our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities thatlead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize theirrisk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage theirpersonal information. Because when people have access to more complete andmultidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achievegreat things.
Every day TransUnionoffers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways informationcan be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better managerisk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his firstmortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we areimproving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and localeconomies around the world.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexualorientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top