Attorney I - Healthcare
Dynamics of the Role
The Office of General Counsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatory guidance, negotiating key sales and vendor agreements, and guiding corporate governance. Active participation in the management of the business helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
The Team's Focus
The Office of General Counsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatory guidance, managing litigation and acquisitions, guiding corporate governance and negotiating key agreements. Active participation in the management of the business helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
How You'll Contribute
- The attorney will be responsible for providing a variety of legal support functions focused on contract negotiation, regulatory and compliance work, HIPAA/privacy law advice, and healthcare industry business counseling for TransUnion Healthcare, Inc.
- Take primary responsibility for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex agreements including key customer and vendor contracts, Business Associate Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements in support of company's business.
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams including sales/business development, compliance, information security, information technology, operations, and product development.
- Proactively provide advice to stakeholders, regarding changes in the law, including HIPAA, FCRA, GLBA, data privacy laws, and other legal issues that may involve the company's short or long-term strategic operations.
- Keep abreast of current legislative and regulatory developments, particularly with such developments that may have an impact upon company and industry operations.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company-related business. Keep immediate superior informed of pertinent developments within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Provide formal and informal training for internal clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Successful candidates will have 2 to 5 years of corporate law experience working with complex contracts and very strong communication, writing, research and analytical skills.
- A background in the health industry and/or in-house counsel experience is preferred.
- The candidate must have a strong knowledge base working with complex contracts and should have familiarity with traditional software licensing and SaaS contracting. Candidates should have strong research and contract drafting skills.
- Exceptional judgment, legal research skills, and highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing demands and projects and accomplish assignments in a timely and independent manner.
- Successful candidates must be fast learning team players willing to work within a hard-working but relaxed and sociable team of attorneys and compliance professionals dedicated to the healthcare business vertical.
- Accredited law degree and a current license.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk -based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for
individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top