Attorney I - Healthcare
Dynamics of the Role
Make an impact using your legal experience to drive decisions forand provide recommendations to an innovative and dynamic public companythat is a leader in the global marketplace. You will become a member of aninternational team of talented, motivated, and hard-working attorneys who areinvested in your success. You will work in a fun, positive environment andreceive the encouragement, support and training to be successful. You’ll havegreat opportunities for professional and personal growth.
The Team’s Focus
The Office of GeneralCounsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, bothdomestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatoryguidance, managing litigation and acquisitions, guiding corporate governanceand negotiating key agreements. Active participation in the management of thebusiness helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our collegial team offersdiverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unitleaders, and flexible work arrangements.
How You’ll Contribute
- The attorney will be responsible for providing a variety of legalsupport functions focused on transactions, regulatory andcompliance work (e.g., reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts, Medicareand Medicaid compliance advice, and HIPAA/privacy law advice) for TransUnionHealthcare, Inc.
- Take primary responsibilityfor reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex corporate customer and vendor contractsand related documents such as Business Associate Agreements and Non-DisclosureAgreements in support of company’s business.
- Work collaboratively withinternal cross-functional teams including sales/business development, compliance,information security, information technology, operations, and productdevelopment.
- Proactively provide adviceto stakeholders, regarding changes in the law, including HIPAA, FCRA, GLBA, dataprivacy laws, and other legal issues that may involve the company’s short orlong-term strategic operations.
- Keep abreast of currentlegislative and regulatory developments, particularly with such developmentsthat may have an impact upon company and industry operations.
- Maintain completeconfidentiality of company-related business. Keep immediate superior informedof pertinent developments within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Provide formal and informaltraining for internal clients.
- Perform other relatedduties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- Successful candidates will have 3 to 5 years of health and/orcorporate law experience, and very strong communication, writing, research andanalytical skills.
- A background in the health industry and/or in-house counselexperience is preferred.
- The candidate must have a strong knowledge base in the businessand regulatory aspects of health law, including HIPAA and other federal andstate healthcare regulatory matters, and should also have familiarity with traditionalsoftware licensing, SaaS contracting, and regulatory matters related toMedicare and Medicaid. Additionally, candidates should have strong research andcontract drafting skills.
- Exceptional judgment, legal research skills, and highest ethicalstandards.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing demands andprojects and accomplish assignments in a timely and independent manner.
- Successful candidates must be fast learning team players willing towork within a hard-working but relaxed and sociable team of attorneys andcompliance professionals dedicated to the healthcare business vertical.
- Accredited law degree and a current license.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk -based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for
individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top