Dynamics of the Role
Make an impact using your legal experience to drive decisions for and provide recommendations to an innovative and dynamic public company that is a leader in the global marketplace. You will become a member of an international team of talented, motivated, and hard-working attorneys who are invested in your success. You will work in a fun, positive environment and receive the encouragement, support and training to be successful. You’ll have great opportunities for professional and personal growth.
The Team’s Focus
The Office of General Counsel is responsible for legal guidance to all TransUnion businesses, both domestically and globally. Our responsibilities include legal and regulatory guidance, managing litigation and acquisitions, guiding corporate governance and negotiating key agreements. Active participation in the management of the business helps us improve outcomes for the company. Our collegial team offers diverse work, a significant opportunity to interact directly with business unit leaders, and flexible work arrangements.
How You’ll Contribute
• Provide legal assistance and guidance regarding all aspects of ongoing legal and business matters for assigned company divisions, particularly in: contract drafting and negotiating & legal and business advisement
• Take primary responsibility for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex corporate contracts and related documents in support of company’s business and data-acquisition efforts.
• Provide advice to stakeholders, including the General Counsel, regarding changes in the law, including the FCRA, GLBA, DPPA, and other legal issues that may involve the company’s short- or long-term strategic operations.
• Keep abreast of current legislative and regulatory developments, particularly with such developments that may have an impact upon company and industry operations.
• Maintain complete confidentiality of company-related business. Keep immediate superior informed of pertinent developments within areas of assigned responsibility.
• Provide formal and informal training for internal clients.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
• 3-6 years’ experience in (x) drafting and negotiating license agreements, and (y) reading, interpreting, understanding, and advising business partners on complex and detailed documents, including laws, regulations, contracts, business documents, company policies and procedures
• Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making). Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills. Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
• Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to manage and turn around a significant and diverse work flow in an effective and timely manner.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment with minimal direct supervision, yet exhibit sound business and legal judgment in seeking guidance and direction from senior attorneys and escalating issues.
• The ability to build and foster relationships with peers, business-side colleagues, and management at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
• Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk -based decisions and enabling
consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top