Assistant Vice President - Quality Assurance (IT)
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Dynamics of the Role
The QA Manager II is a dynamic leader who performs multi-disciplinary functions relating to the quality and development of TransUnion software applications, architecture reviews and special projects. This role is primarily responsible for managing the quality of the application development efforts within TransUnion's custom software development organization and assisting us in determining our long term technology strategy.
How You Will Contribute
- Leadership of Quality Engineers that using modern application development technologies
- Mentor technical resources to grow their capabilities
- Play a key role in determining how we continue to improve our processes, tooling and technology roadmap
- Management of customer intake/ requirements; organizing teams around the delivery of business value and quality
- Participation in the development of TransUnion's continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated testing strategies
- As a new employee you will bring your prior "best in class" experience to TransUnion to help drive our efforts to continuously improve
What You Will Bring
- Passion to build great application products and ability to support large scale distributed systems
- Interested with learning new skills and cutting edge technology
- People management; ability to train, grow, attract and retain top talent
- Creative technologist; bring in new perspectives and creative solutions to interesting and complex technology problems
- Teamwork; success in building strong relationships in an Agile environment
- Continuous Improvement; relentless focus on implementing organizational , process or technology enhancements
- 5+ years of IT engineering management and/ or quailty engineering background
- Proven ability to manage people and their career growth
- Strong experience in Java, .Net and/or Ab Initio with experience in Linux, Algorithms and Databases
- Strong knowledge of technology and product trends, especially what is happening in open source and big data
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates complex problem solving skills and the ability to come up with quick and creative solutions
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Back to top