Assistant Finance Manager
Dynamics of the Role
Supports the forecasting cycle and monthly revenue reporting. Will act as a lead for revenue and expense variance monitoring, reporting and providing recommendations around trends. Able to pick up detail knowledge around products and market trends. Report on actuals and quarter expected numbers on a monthly basis on the entire P&L. Act as lead in any new product pricing initiatives.
How You'll Contribute
- Forecasting: Set up run rate and templates for various business leaders to use during forecast. Load results and challenge submissions. Analyze expense trends and provide recommendations on the baseline. Quickly pick up product knowledge.
- Month End reporting: Report on month end results for New Product Initiatives, IT Variances, Key Customers, Intercompany, Pricing and comment on P&L walks from Prior year to Current Year
- Pricing: Mitigate the conversation between Product and Sales around new pricing initiatives. Leverage knowledge from the corporate counter parts and lead the conversation with the local Pricing Committee
- Analytical/Consulting Skills: Analyzes data, processes, and systems. Draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on analysis. Understands customer needs and helps customer see alternative solutions that TransUnion can deliver. Conducts research/investigations in response to customer and management inquiries. Discovers issues. Draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on analysis of relevant information. Assists customer in defining issues. Communicates with customer on routine to moderately complex assignments to determine requirements. Research or investigations are moderately complex in nature. Creates and runs drivers to correct database.
- Technical Skills: Applies knowledge of the various systems and processes associated with forecasting and reporting of the APAC Region. These systems include: People Soft, Hyperion, SalesForce.com, and Excel.
- Interpersonal: Develops and maintains cooperative relationships throughout the APAC Region and other departments in order to accomplish work. Educates, interacts and assists management and associates with reporting and forecasting responsibilities. Presents work, projects and ideas to peers and customers in a clear and logical manner.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively within Finance, as well as other departments (Sales, IT, Product) to improve the forecast and reporting accuracy and efficiency.
- Communication: Effectively communicate both verbally and written to senior management and other departments to ensure comprehension of ideas, initiatives, requirements, and issues to drive progress with regards to forecasting and reporting.
- Must be able to work independently to drive processes without significant oversight, and understand when it is appropriate to escalate issues
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting and three to five years of analytical experience. Customer focused attitude and mentality
- Experience with pricing analysis and software tools a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Windows
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and Cantonese
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy
- Ability to produce a high volume of work quickly and accurately with a sense of urgency
- Analytical with solid problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented with organizational, time management and follow-up skills
- Self-managed with the ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities, take verbal direction and perform with minimal guidance or supervision
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of managemet
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top