Application Support Technician
GOC 1st shift Senior Application Support Technician
At Transunion, we know that finding the right people is the reason we're a global leader in credit information and information management services. We strive to provide an environment that allows our talented people to find success and satisfaction. Now, we're adding to the team and seeking a GOC Application Support Technician.
What We Need:
Transunion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. We help >45,000 businesses manage risk, and 500 million consumers understand and manage credit.
As our business expands and more and more people rely on our services, we are expanding our enterprise operation center. The Global Operations Center or GOC is charged with identifying initiatives to reduce organizational costs, analyzing and developing action plans for key business challenges, and creating an even more exciting place for our associates to work.
As a Senior Application Support Technician in the GOC, you will provide daily operational support and maintenance across the enterprise. We are looking for someone who is able to work the following shift: Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm CT.
How You'll Contribute:
In this critical role, you will maintain operational readiness by working with the right facilities, hardware and software vendors to ensure timely incident resolution.
As a Senior Application Support Technician, you'll need to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, with occasionally conflicting priorities. Key responsibilities include but, not limited to:
- Performs initial tier 1 troubleshooting techniques to resolve incidents, and escalate incidents using escalation procedures when appropriate
- Work with internal business units and vendors to perform root cause analysis for high impacting incidents
- Creating and maintaining processes and procedures used to reduced mean time to resolution
- Drive innovations on their team always looking for performance improvement
- Mentor junior associates on processes and procedures to drive quality
- Communicates status to associates, customers, and management via approved communication processes
- Participates in 7/24/365 shift rotation to include occasional holidays
What You'll Bring:
As a Senior Application Support Technician, you should have at least 2-3 years of experience in an operations center supporting Enterprise Applications and system environments. You should also have a Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field, or demonstrated real world experience.
- Monitoring of application performance and environmental uptime.
- Ability to automate through scripting and configuration management
- Have a basic understanding of scripting languages like Bash, Shell or Perl
- Experience supporting & using web applications
- Familiar with environment monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Ready API/SOAP UI Test & Validation Services
- Proficient in Linux/Unix command line
- Experience with Splunk
- Understanding of ITIL best practices
Plus would be:
- Knowledge of Autosys
- Basic understanding of network topologies LAN/WAN
- Can work both independently and as a member of collaborative teams
- Enjoy helping others and share a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Are interested in sharing and teaching others about your ideas
- Excellent verbal and written skills
What We Offer:
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are:
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
You will be challenged to work hard and focus on results. In return, we provide a stable environment dedicated to work/life balance, with a convenient downtown Chicago location near Union Station, flexible schedules, an onsite health club, tuition and certificate reimbursement, and more. We also pride ourselves on providing a learning environment, and one that promotes from within.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top