Application Support Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain TransUnion global application systems or local country application systems to each countries of Asia Pacific
- Assist local IT/technical staff to deliver first level system application support for the local country business operations
- L2 Application Initial Diagnosis. Analyze and determine scope/category of the incoming issues, service requests or enhancement requests.
- L2 Investigation and Defect Fixing. Work on incident tickets, service requests, problem tickets or enhancement requests within agreed SLA and/or project delivery schedule, and in adherence to defined processes, protocols, best practices and coding standards.
- L2 Recovery and Restoration. Participate actively in identifying options for recovery and restoration, and implement the final recovery and restoration activities.
- L3 Escalation. When ticket needs L3 Application Support, escalate tickets to L3 with all relevant information; Ensure that L3 works on the escalated tickets in a timely manner, otherwise, escalate the situation promptly to PH Application Support Team Lead.
- Deployment to UAT and Production. Assess the impact of the change request in other customers in production and prepare release elements (e.g. Methods of Procedures/MOP, Change Request Form/CRF, Deployment Schedule, QA Signoff).
- Customer UAT Support. Provides back-end support to customers doing UAT. This may include conducting user training or system walkthrough.
- Problem Management. Work on the investigation to determine root cause of the issue, prepare the relevant documentation and implement the corrective/preventive measures as indicated in the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report;
- Operational Support. Monitor and maintain application systems health performance to ensure stable system process in good shape with minimal business operations interruption; Perform operational tasks (either manually performed or through a scheduled job) required for each solution in production on a timely manner.
- Application Performance/Tuning. Implement enhancements on either the DecisionEdge platform or customer solution to improve overall customer experience, processing time of solutions and/or reduce termination of applications.
- Participate in the training and induction of new Associates into the Application Support team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Related engineering degree and equivalent work experience in a technical environment.
- Must have at least 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar role, preferably following the ITSM framework
- Must have a hands-on experience in supporting an application in a "Software as a Service" type of environment
- Must have at least 3 years of hands-on experience in web development, web services and programming using.NET, C#, ASPX, XML, SOAP, Rest, Java Script and SQL.
- Knowledgeable on any or some of these applications servers (IIS is Mandatory, Websphere, Jboss, Tomcat, Weblogic) and RDBMS (SQL server or Oracle)
- ITIL Knowledgeable; Certification is a Plus
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in investigating simple to complex issues, and providing root cause analysis
- Ability to work on multiple tasks or working on multiple projects simultaneously and dealing with changing deadline, as required.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural work groups at different time zones
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills leading to practical application
- Hands-on exposure on Windows platforms and knowledgeable on other platforms like Linux, Unix
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top