Application Development Director
Dynamics of the Role
The Domain Lead role for the Batch Fulfillment team is responsible for the management of all existing Batch platforms and the execution of all new products. The types of projects may range from expanding current capabilities to managing delivery. Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a matrix organization is key to success. You will be a trusted advisor to leaders across the organization especially the product development team, the operations team and Application Development teams.
The Team's Focus
The Batch Fulfillment Domain supports TransUnion by developing and maintaining large "big data" processing environments. These applications provide value for different verticals and we continue to become more diversified in our offerings. In addition we support and improve the efficiency of our business operations internal applications. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
How You'll Contribute:
- As the Domain lead you will be responsible for the all project in the portfolio. You will set end dates for our product owner and manage their expectations.
- You will be the service owner that ensures are systems are up and available for our customers
- Provide financial reporting that details the allocations of all resources under your purview.
- Facilitate discussions with the business leaders and the organization to clearly define domain's current and future states.
What You'll Bring:
- Experience: You will have served in a Director or similar role and must have led some complex projects to successful completion.
- Leadership: Good organizational leadership skills working with senior management to individual contributors; experience developing, managing and mentoring collaborative cross-functional teams; ability to provide leadership and direction to project teams and the organization to ensure successful project execution.
- Problem solving: Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems and to gather and analyze information skillfully
- Oral and written communication: Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; must write clearly and effectively at a high level; ability to communicate project vision and collaboratively align diverse organizations; must have strong presentation and group facilitation skills
- Interpersonal skills: Must possess strong people skills and professionalism with the ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels; must have a strong customer-focused attitude with the ability to listen, understand and respond quickly to customer
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top