Analyst, Financial Services Analytics
Analyst,Financial Services Research and Consulting
The Team's Focus
You want to talk about bigdata? At TransUnion, we have data onvirtually every active credit consumer in the United States. Yes, almost everysingle one (and data on millions of consumers in 30 other countries as well).
But "having data" means nothingwithout curious analytical minds to unlock the meaning within it. Our team ishome to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we will not onlyunderstand your stats jokes, but appreciate them. We come to work every day toquantitatively explain how things happen and why. Our efforts drive real value,becuase the work that we do allows people to have access to credit, enables newgenerations to pursue an education, and builds economies from the ground up.TransUnion is a place where it's cool to be smart. Have we piqued yourinterest? Well, read on…
Dynamics of the Role
As an Analyst on our team, you will join a world-classgroup of statisticians, data scientists, modelers and industry experts on amission to extract insights from information and put them to good use. You willhave an opportunity to be a part of a variety of analytical projects in a non-siloedenvironment and be recognized for the work you deliver. TransUnion offers aculture of lifelong learning and as an Analyst here, your growth potential islimitless.
Want more details? The Analyst rolewithin the Research and Consulting team is responsible for deliveringmarket-level business intelligence both to TransUnion's senior management andto Financial Services customers. To be successful in this position, you musthave good organizational skills, a strategic mindset and a flexiblepredisposition. You will also be expected to become more independent overtime and able to lead and present projects with minimal supervision.
How You'll Contribute:
- You will develop a strong understanding ofconsumer credit data and how it applies to industry trends and research
- You will translate complex analyticalfindings into insightful business presentations.
- You will perform multiple taskssimultaneously and deal with changing requirements and deadlines
- You will develop strong consulting skills andto be able to help external customers by understanding their business needs andaligning them with TransUnion's product offerings and capabilities.
- Contributeto projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysisleveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression,survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenarioand sensitivity analysis, and machine learning)
- Dig in by extractingdata and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large populationdatasets (using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, and Python on Linux and PCcomputing platforms)
- Deliveranalytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentationsfor internal and external customers at various levels including an executiveaudience
- Help to cultivatean environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
What You'll Bring:
- A Master's or Ph.D. in Statistics,Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or an equivalentdiscipline. Equivalent analytical experience will be considered in lieu of an advanceddegree
- Advanced proficiency with one or morestatistical programming languages such as R or SAS; additional experiencewriting intermediate SQL queries for data extraction preferred
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. IBMNetezza, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark) preferred
- Strong time management skills with theability to prioritize and contribute to multiple assignments simultaneously
- Advanced experience with the MS Office suite,particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high degree of technical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communicationskills. You must be able to clearly articulate ideas to both technical andnon-technical audiences
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosityto dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior
- Capability to eloquently describeanalytic ideas, requirements, processes and findings in non-technical terms.
- A strong interest in the areas of banking, consumerlending and finance is paramount
- Curiosity as to why consumers act the waythey do with their credit.
- Strong work ethic with the passion for teamsuccess
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated todeveloping ways information can be used to help people make better and smarterdecisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our missionis to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to ahigher quality of life. We do this byhelping organizations to optimize their risk-based decisions and enablingconsumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because whenpeople have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they canmake more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top